Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Manticore Wireless Audio

Posted by UKD2User 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Manticore Wireless Audio
June 12, 2023 04:46PM
I wanted to ask Tom if he feels able to shed any light on this question...

The hot weather is here, in the northern hemisphere at least, and over-ear headphones are a bit of a sweatbox! I know many people would like to use different wireless headphones from the supplied ML105 phones, for several different reasons. I understand that the MC will also connect with the - physically very similar (but a tad cheaper, if bought as an accessory) - ML85 phones.

I understand that the MC uses a SoC device to provide the wireless audio connection between detector and phones - capable of using some of the latest BlueTooth LE protocols and codecs. I read on other forums that people have tried to connect third-party BT audio devices to the MC with no success - as far as I am aware.

My question: Is the Manticore's wireless audio system intended to link up with third-party (non-MineLab) audio devices or not?

Thanks in advance for any clarification you may feel able to provide.
Re: Manticore Wireless Audio
June 12, 2023 06:10PM
Right now....... no. You are somewhat incarcerated to the ML-105's.......... or......... wired phones of nearly any flavor.
Bluetooth technology is catching up to what is being used on MC. Let's just hope that it does not go by way of Beta tape.........vs........VHS tape!!!
June 12, 2023 08:24PM
Thank you Tom. Just to make sure I've not misunderstood, the reason that thirty-party headphones will not inter-operate with the MC is because:

a) No third-party headphones, yet available, correctly(/certifiedly) implement the BlueTooth LE protocols/codecs which, if they did implement them, would allow these phones to inter-operate with the MC, or:

b) ML has decided, for the time being at least (a software update could presumably change things?) that only ML headphones will be allowed to inter-operate with the MC, regardless of what BT specs/codecs others may implement?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2023 08:26PM by UKD2User.
June 13, 2023 02:49AM
I have not been much 'in-the-loop' of the wireless headphones direction/selection......... so I am not fully on-board with the full targeted intent.
I do believe...... maybe later.,.,.,.,.,., there may be some aftermarket wireless/bluetooth options that will be created.,.,.,.,., that may be compatible with MC.
June 15, 2023 02:18PM
Well I think Minelab should have made the Nox 700 and 900 and manticore along with the Xterra Pro compatible with the ML 80's why should customers who own the ML 80's have to buy a different set of headphones. Then on top of that the ML 85's aren't even available to buy yet.. it's one of those what the heck were they thinking moments.