Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for someone who owns both the Manticore, and an Equinox 700/900...

Posted by steveg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for someone who owns both the Manticore, and an Equinox 700/900...
June 20, 2023 04:28AM
Hi all...

Question for anyone who owns (or has access to) both a Manticore, and a 700/900.

I need to know if the mounting systems for both the arm cuff, and the control box/handle assembly, are compatible with the two different detectors' components. In other words, can you mount a Manticore arm cuff, and Manticore control box/handle onto an 700/900 shaft successfully, and vice versa...i.e. can you mount a 700/900 arm cuff, and 700/900 control box/handle assembly, onto a Manticore shaft.

Thanks in advance!

Steve
Re: Question for someone who owns both the Manticore, and an Equinox 700/900...
June 20, 2023 11:48AM
Steve, I no longer own the 900 and Manticore, but, I took these pics of the mount for both machines. I didn't try swapping the armrest out, but, the control mounts are different as you can see. The top mount is the Manticore.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2023 11:58AM by Dan(NM).
Re: Question for someone who owns both the Manticore, and an Equinox 700/900...
June 21, 2023 02:56AM
Thanks, Dan.

Interesting...

I wonder, though, if the Manticore handle still WOULD attach to the 700/900 mount, and vice versa. I can see that the "shape" is different, and thus mounting one onto the other (assuming it is possible) would not be a "clean/elegant" solution. BUT -- let's just say the mount was a boring, rectangular shape, but with properly located/aligned screw holes. IF both units would attach properly to the mount, then it would be perhaps feasible for me to consider producing a shaft that would accommodate BOTH the 700/900 AND the Manticore, using a "universal" mount. That mount's outer contours wouldn't perfectly match EITHER the Manticore OR the 700/900, but if it allows proper/secure attachment, maybe that's not a major-enough issue to deep-six such an idea?

Does anyone else have both, that could try attaching the handles to the opposite machine's mount?

Thanks!

Steve