Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Help with a CZ7a NOT PRO,

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Help with a CZ7a NOT PRO,
January 23, 2024 05:23PM
I know Tom knows about the CZ detectors, and you guys almost as much as him. Do any one know if there is a battery that will work in each side of the 7a with out useing 6 AA on each side. I love this detector, but 12 AAs is a bit heavy and cost. If their is a rechargeable pack or cell that could fit would be better maybe, i may be wrong, I know the detector balance well like it is. Thanks for any help. flintstone
Re: Help with a CZ7a NOT PRO,
January 24, 2024 04:27AM
I don’t know if can look up this thread or not?
CZ-7 12AA's to 2, 9v Conversion
January 24, 2024 07:28PM
Mascard, I can't get anything to open up. Thanks for reply anyway. The CZ7a is a very good detector, and gose deep. I just wish it didn't take so many batterys. Thanks flintstone
January 24, 2024 07:41PM
If i was to convert this to a lighter battery configuration,I would re-wired the drop in connectors with 9V snap connectors and use a 9V battery on both sides of the arm cup cavity. You'll get less battery life,but will significantly lighten the CZ-7a.
January 24, 2024 09:30PM
I have indeed 'heard' of a conversion (to 9V) kit; yet, I know nearly nothing about it.
January 24, 2024 10:31PM
I think i will leave it alone, i can get 12" on a nickel and afraid i might miss something up. I can run it with the 12AAs , just not as long as my other detectors. I only have the 8" coil and the 5" coil, I know if i put the 10" on it it will make it so heavy i can't run it long. Thanks for the help. flintstone
January 24, 2024 11:10PM
Flintstone....... are you able to run Sens on '6' ? (This is '''maximum depth'''.....and '''minimum width''' Sens setting).
January 25, 2024 10:24AM
I had one and it seemed the 12AAs under the arm cup made it balance nice though and the battery life lasts forever it seemed so the cost in long run not much more than the two 2 volts. I would just leave it as not many those left as only made them that way a year or two I believe so kind of a collector item now.