Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Back in the saddle again...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Back in the saddle again...
September 21, 2011 04:39PM
Wasn't easy but found a real nice CZ6A thats enroute to me.

Found out couldn't live without a CZ....

To top it off coming from an old PC friend and expect a nice used unit..only time will tell after I test it but feel most CZ6A's were from the old school and deep and love the thought of weather resistant also...

Will update as UPS will be at my door tomorrow....
Re: Back in the saddle again...
September 21, 2011 05:34PM
It's good to see you got another cz Dan. I know what you mean over the years I have had my share of detectors. But always manage to have a CZ of some type around. I love the tones and adjustable modulated audio. It is rite up there with the silver warble of the minelab Explorer/E-trac as far as awesome audio. And after all your Dan,Dan, the CZ man!
September 21, 2011 07:32PM
I don't know how yuu guys do it !!....I've been looking for a 6a right along and just can't seem to find one ......I guess one day I'll get lucky .....Congrats on your find , and use it in good health ....Jim
September 21, 2011 08:39PM
Honestly synthnut just a stroke of good luck from a nice guy i have known on the net for years which is a plus.
Have to hold up popping the cork on the brew but my expectations are high.
Will keep my eyes and ears open and one never knows....
With this highpriced crapshoot going on with new CZ's and depth and tuning issues feel quite lucky and getting caught in a rainstorm the other day weather resistant features certainly a plus...as my running the 100 yd. dash are over...correction I think 100 meter dash is now the term.....
All kidding aside a womans shower cap or baggie is a must on those cloudy days...
September 21, 2011 09:52PM
I've got a commercial sewing machine that used to make covers for my various boats and motorcycles ...... I can make covers for my machines too ..... The control box on the CZ's is big enough that it should not be so hard to make .....A little Sunbrella goes a long way ....Jim
September 22, 2011 07:07PM
synthnut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know how yuu guys do it !!....I've been
> looking for a 6a right along and just can't seem
> to find one ......I guess one day I'll get lucky
> .....Congrats on your find , and use it in good
> health ....Jim

Have your tried putting out some free ads (on Find's for starters) as I bet you someone has one just sitting around and it's just a question of finding it? You never know...
Good luck!
September 23, 2011 02:26AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's good to see you got another cz Dan. I know
> what you mean over the years I have had my share
> of detectors. But always manage to have a CZ of
> some type around. I love the tones and adjustable
> modulated audio. It is rite up there with the
> silver warble of the minelab Explorer/E-trac as
> far as awesome audio. And after all your Dan,Dan,
> the CZ man!

dan's probably responsible for movin' a lot of
cz's over the years! very knowledgable guy,and a pleasure to talk to!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 23, 2011 12:43PM
Unfortunately j.t. is right as trying them all sold more than one CZ to try another unit but always come back.
Using every CZ model ever made some several times and when I hang up my boots will go down as my all time favorite and have to say many good units out there from other manufcturers and we all have our favorites so grab your favorite and hit the bricks....
Having said the above over the last twenty years since I retired this hobby has given me lots of enjoyment and certainly met some nice people along the way either in person or a long tel call or E-mails.....
December 01, 2011 11:45PM
Hi Dan,
I know that over the last few years there have been less and less CZ's for sale ......I guess that kinda shows how much folks like them .....I keep coming back to the Minelab Sovereign the same way you come back to the CZ's ....... There are so many detectors that I would like to try .....Winter is coming fast , so I'll wait till next year .....Thanks , Jim