Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F75 LTD vs Teknetics T2 LTD

Posted by tracyjm 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F75 LTD vs Teknetics T2 LTD
October 07, 2011 09:52AM
Does the F75 LTD have more features than the T2 LTD detector? I was thinking about a T2 Limited but from what I've read it's a slightly different detector than the F75 LTD. I don't want to spend that kind of money and not be happy.
Re: Fisher F75 LTD vs Teknetics T2 LTD
October 07, 2011 11:22AM
Yes the F75ltd is different, It is worth the extra cost if you can swing it. Performance is about the same.
Search modes on F75LTD are
Discrimination
· Static - All Metal
· Motion - All Metal
· Pinpoint
· Cache Mode

Search modes on T2SE are
· All Metal
· Discrimination
· Cache Mode

F75ltd number of audio tones 65
T2SE number of audio tones 6

F75 LTD will retain your settings when turned off

T2SE will need to be reset each time you turn it on

This is just some of the differences

Tom in SC
October 07, 2011 04:11PM
The F75 has a back light also.
October 07, 2011 06:16PM
One of the biggest differences is that the T2 LTD/SE can only use the Boost Mode in 2-tone audio, it does not apply to any other tone option, which IMHO, makes it a relic hunter in that mode (can you imagine hunting a trashy park in 2-tone....yikes!).

That said, the T2 LTD/SE is still a very good machine, and even though they operate on the same frequency, the T2 seems to be a bit hotter on small silver.

Not that I use it on my F75 LTD, but IIRC there's no notching on the T2.
October 07, 2011 07:10PM
After seeing the differences it looks like I would have to get the F75 LTD. It looks like it would be well worth the extra $200 to buy the Fisher brand. I'm leaning towards buying a new one rather than looking for a used. I'm guessing the 5 year warranty probably is not transferable when purchased used. Thanks...John
October 08, 2011 01:57AM
I have hear that the iron disc is different on the T2, don't know fer sure since I just have the F75.
October 08, 2011 05:04AM
Hobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have hear that the iron disc is different on the
> T2, don't know fer sure since I just have the F75.

The iron disc is expanded on the T2, from 1-40 vs 1-15 on the F75.
October 08, 2011 11:06AM
The iron disc is expanded....Question; does that mean it goes into the pulltab/alum zone or does that mean it goes into the ground mineral zone, or both. Or is it split into smaller segments so as to fine tune the disc in the iron range?
October 08, 2011 11:10AM
John,

I know the relic hunters would beat me up for saying this; yet, (from a professional archaeological stand-point) the F75 LTD/SE 'trumps' the T2 SE in many respects...... in the real world. Yes, the T2 has a iron Disc range of 0 - 40..... and the F75 has 0 - 15; however, the F75's iron Disc range is more than ample to satisfy a die-hard relic hunter. If you are a 'coins only' hunter...... you may want to look at other units. If you live in bad/red/lateritic/magnatite soil.......... seek a Minelab. If you are a wet salt beach hunter..... seek a CZ or Minelab.

If you want a validated/certified F75 LTD/SE 'black'....... I have two in inventory.
October 09, 2011 02:30AM
I read an interview in the rpospecting and mining journal that Dave Johnson said the T2 was designed as a high preformance general purpose (including gold prospecting) detector, and " Since that time the T2 has been
our main product for prospecting out side the USA"
Is there any reason the F75 would'nt be as good as the T2 for nugget hunting?
October 09, 2011 02:35AM
It should be just as good.... especially in boost process mode. Khz freq is almost the same.