Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Saturday's finds with the Edge

Posted by Scubadetector 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Saturday's finds with the Edge
November 30, 2011 12:01AM
Went out Saturday with a friend just driving till we found a promising spot. And that we did. Came across a private camp with nobody around. So went across the street and asked the lady if she knew who we could talk to. She sure did!! He lived two doors down from her and we were off!! He was out in his yard and told us to go ahead. He said a workers son goes in there and that's all. So off we went. My very first find was the dog tags. They were in the sand on the beach. Just called the number on the tags today and boy were they surprised!!! The tags are going home tomorrow. The beach had some new stuff on it and was heavily sanded in so went to another part of this huge camp. I ended up with 2 mercs, a 1917 Canadian dime and the 1943 quarter.

My friend got a merc, 2 silver rings and also a bunch of change. We BOTH got 7 wheat cents. The ring I got was junk. Sure sounded gold and I thought it was. Saw a mark on the inside bottom and kept teasing him. LOL joke on me, it was just a flaw in the metal.

This camp has a lot of potential and if this stupid rain stops maybe I can grab some more silver before the snow buries it!!
Re: Saturday's finds with the Edge
November 30, 2011 01:02AM
VERY NICE! Good job!

Steve
Re: Saturday's finds with the Edge
November 30, 2011 05:09AM
did not know that you were friends with the guitarist for u2!!!!!!
nice finds!