Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I had to leave a "deepie" until spring today.

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I had to leave a "deepie" until spring today.
November 11, 2008 06:39AM
I went back to a spot that has been giving up silver lately.It was 27 degrees with a nasty wind.I dug a 1956 Washington Quarter and a 1952 Rosie with the CZ.This one area seems void of clad.I got a real soft High tone that pinpointed real soft and small.It pinpointed at 10".I quit after chipping down through 8 inches of frozen mud.My eyes were watering,nose running,fingers stiff.My Garrett Propointer gave a faint buzz at the bottom of the hole.I just couldn't keep chipping.It was probably a Barber Half(smile).I marked it with a rock and GPS.I guess I'm done for this season unless I go south.Oh well there's a herd of deer 4 blocks from the house.The season is open until after Thanksgiving.
Re: I had to leave a "deepie" until spring today.
November 11, 2008 11:44PM
Anticipation!
November 12, 2008 01:09AM
It's supposed to get up to 44 degrees tomorrow.This target can't wait until spring.Bill
November 14, 2008 10:07PM
Please tell us what it was.
November 15, 2008 10:19PM
I didn't get back,my father got sick.Now I'm back on a stretch of 12 hour graveyard shifts.Like Gov.Arnold S.said"I'll be back!"
November 30, 2008 06:09AM
It was deep iron!!! Yuk
November 30, 2008 11:49AM
Gets the best of us... many times!