Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

f75ltd.....

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
f75ltd.....
January 05, 2012 09:43PM
First I would like to say I have been reading none stop!! These forums are great and Tom I can not say how much I appreciate your post and others for that matter that put in time to help us out! I bought a new f75LTD and having some issues getting it tuned. I was hunting today in western NC using my 5" coil. I could crank it up rather high with no falsing. found 5-6 newer coins in an old house site that was full of trash.. Decided to put my 11" coil back on and it and hit the open fields. It was going nuts falsing. I thought back to the post Tom had written about changing the frequecy first then sensitivity etc. etc.. Ending up I had to turn sensitivity down to low 50's - high 40's before it would quiet down. Is that normal? I felt like turning it down that low lost some depth? I understand why the 5" falses less than the 11" but is it that much of a differance from 95 percent sensitivity to high 40's in same soil? What is your opinions?
I was in BP mode as well, never tried any other mode.
Wayne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2012 09:48PM by BrandonAtkinsonRacing.
Re: f75ltd.....
January 05, 2012 11:18PM
First a very good ground balance is important even more with the larger coils. Next were you hunting alone? Another detector will cause a unit to go crazy. Next are Power lines, overhead or buried. This will have more of an impact on the larger coils. I think you will find that some areas ,you can crank it up and others it is just not possible. Oh yea, did you leave your cell phone in the car?

Tom in SC
January 06, 2012 12:38PM
I was alone, no power lines and phone was in back pack off. I worked the same ground within 15 minutes of switching coils. I did a auto ground balance initially then did a manual. Nothing helped. put the 5 " back on and I could crank the machine back up...
January 06, 2012 01:48PM
Wayne...... welcome!

Did the suspected EMI/chatter/interference come from/only whilst sweeping the ground................... or............. with the coil STATIONARY:

1) on the ground
2) in the air.... but parallel to the ground
3) in the air.... but perpendicular to the ground

This makes trouble-shooting more isolable.
January 08, 2012 04:28AM
I will determine the exact source of the issue on sunday and post back. Maybe we can figure it out! Thanks!