Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Test garden method

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Test garden method
February 07, 2012 03:49PM
I recently read where someone was using a dowel with the coin attached to the end of a dowel slightly smaller in diameter to a broomstick for making a test garden. How do you attach the coin to the end of the dowel? do you pound the dowel in the ground and leave the coin attached? Do you pour a brine solution in the hole after placing the dowel and then return the dowel into the hole. Does this method give you an immediate ability to read the target on the detector? Thanks in advance.
Re: Test garden method
February 07, 2012 07:59PM
Might want to go over the area in all metal and clean it out before you start...

Varous ways to do it and some use plastic pipe.

Some ingenius fellows use different combos with coins and junk so sky is the limit and make an accurate map as 10 years later you want to know what is where.

Mine is 21 years old so gives a darn good idea of what my unit will do in the field in my neck of the woods...

I just put the in ground at measured distances and even buried a small junk gold ring...and yes they have sunk and moved to a degree...
February 07, 2012 09:03PM
Hey Dan, just curious to what is your deepest coin in your test garden and what detectors could hit as I know you have had your share of deep seekers like the Tejon.
February 08, 2012 01:03AM
My soil is so dynamic/mobile........... so I was forced into a system of exacting methodology. From one month to another..... the depth of the coins would change..... creating to wide of a variable. I now have clad dimes glued to wooden dowels........ push them into the ground...... and had to circumvent the brine solution. Now........... if the dowel becomes buried..... I KNOW that too much of a deviation/variable has occured. This is a much better system for my rapidly changing conditions. I needed a 'forced' constant.
February 08, 2012 02:29PM
Harold 20 years ago buried an 8 inch silver dime and has moved a tad to the side and is a little deeper....

Most of the top of the line units will hit it but a CZ or Explorer can raise the coil several inches and still get it. As far as the Tejon Tesoro's over the years were not the deepest but since the original owners siblings have taken over some of their new line are much deeper including the Tejon....
February 08, 2012 06:48PM
Thanks for the reply Dan!