Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1021 Los Banos, CZ-3D for sale **SOLD**

Posted by njnydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1021 Los Banos, CZ-3D for sale **SOLD**
February 07, 2012 09:49PM
Hey all, long time no speak. I've been peeking in on the forum every now and again though. Keep up the super finds! Don't ask my why I'm doing it (yes, I really MUST be crazy), but, I want to sell my CZ-3D. The Mrs. says I have too many detectors as it is (3 currently) and another one on the way. So, one of my babies must go. I'm getting a WICKED deal on an e-trac. I actually found one in a pawn shop of all places. The owner of the shop told me that some fella was going through a divorce and needed to unload a bunch of stuff - detector included. Anyways, I'm getting the e-trac for $650. It's basically brand new without as much as a scratch on it. Haha smiling smiley I don't think the owner of the pawn shop knows exactly what he has, as his main forte is jewelry, video equipment, sports collectibles, etc. I even had a buddy go and test the unit out - works like a charm. So.........

The CZ-3D's gotta go. Here's the scoop on it...

It is in IMPECCABLE condition. It was tested and validated by Tom Dankowski himself. It can pick up a clad dime at 10.9" according to Tom's bench tests. However, I can swear to the fact I've actually gotten a bit deeper. Everything works as it should. Not a problem, bug or hiccup whatsoever. Believe me, this puppy is deeeeep. Check the boards on here. 1021 Los Banos models are VERY hard to come by...and they're worth their weight in gold.

I'm asking $600 firm - buyer pays shipping, but, I'll eat the Paypal charges. It'll be double boxed, insured and shipped with no hassles. I've had a few transactions on here and many over on tnet, so, you can expect a seamless deal.

Get back to me before I come to my senses and change my mind. I'll keep working on getting the Mrs. to change her mind, but, as of now it's up for sale smiling smiley

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2012 02:24AM by njnydigger.
Re: 1021 Los Banos, CZ-3D for sale
February 07, 2012 10:16PM
Joe good luck on your sale and on your new E T .
If you can i would run the Ser # on the E T through M/L just to make sure its
not a overseas knock off.
Thy have just about stamped copys of evey machine out there.
February 07, 2012 10:41PM
Hey Joe, what u been up to? Down the line you'll be pulling the rope with the boot attached, every one says that's what happens. Keep us informed on your experiences with the E-trac, good luck and don't be so much of a stranger.
February 07, 2012 10:55PM
Thanks for the tip, gman smiling smiley Gonna try that as a matter of fact. Nice to see you still on here, Ozzie. Been busier than a bee with work. I used to get our 3 or 4 times per week, but, now I'm lucky to hit the dirt once every three weeks or so sad smiley And yes, I hear ya on the boot and the rope, buddy, lol. I'll try and give you a ring soon, Oz.
February 07, 2012 11:03PM
Joe...just sent you a PM.

John
February 08, 2012 12:41PM
" His mind is gone ! "
February 08, 2012 12:52PM
Ha ha ha ha, Joe knows what he's doing, he's got a plan and a reason, I'm sure. If it dosen't work out, he'll make it right.
February 08, 2012 02:09PM
I like the idea of checking out the E-trac as have heard of copies myself.

As far as CZ or Explorer would be nice to have both as either way you have a nice unit but indeed two different animals.

Actually I think if they lightened the load on an Explorer they would sell like hotcakes but the again a CZ gets it done in a user friendly fashion so good luck in your ventures and standing by a field with deep silver with either in hand would feel confident some of them would be in my pouch at the end of the day. Sort of like asking whats better apple or cherry pie and we all have our preferences...

Just picked up a nice Explorer XS myself as liked it better than all the remakes and even CZ guys know a good unit.
February 09, 2012 01:34AM
dan! dan! the "minelab" man?
(hot damn!) what's the world coming to?
just kidding! dan! best of luck with your
new toy!

(h.h!)
j.t.
February 09, 2012 02:27AM
Thanks for all the replies. And yes, I most certainly AM out of my mind selling the 3D smiling smiley You know how it goes with boys and their toys though...sometimes you want something new to play with winking smiley I just couldn't pass up the deal on the e-trac. Thanks to the rover for a quick, seamless deal. I'll let you guys know how I make out with the new unit.
February 09, 2012 02:54AM
Joe...... was that a typo???? You said that I tested/validated this unit at 10.9" on a clad dime. I just looked at my records...... and I have it at 11.9" on a clad dime...... assuming it is 10210618.

John..... are you now the new owner of this unit? If so...... I'll transfer my data to your name. I also want you to know..... there is extreme doubt that your unit will electronically 'drift'. It should never need a .... so-called: "tune-up".
Re: 1021 Los Banos, CZ-3D for sale **SOLD**
February 09, 2012 05:07AM
Tom,

Yes I am the new owner, and thank you for that info and for updating your records.

I don't know what serial number the unit is but no matter. Joe stated it was a 1021 that hit a dime at 10+ and that's good enough for me. The unit is clean and works properly and that's all I wanted. I have a few older colonial sites that I have been detecting with my 6a, but there are a LOT of small, mid tone targets ( not foil or aluminum) that I may want to leave in the ground at this point and concentrate on the high tones first. If the 3D can bring, hopefully, a few older coins out for me that may have hit as mid tone on my 6a, that is all I can hope for.

I also got this unit because I wanted another one. I had one but sold it. After that, I was thinking of possibly sending one of my 6a's in for a conversion but decided against it, as they are mostly used for beach hunting and I dig all mid and high tones there. So, glad I got this unit, along with a few extras, at a great price. Plus, I like the 4th tone that is in the foil range. Since I retro fit my CZ's on straight shafts, I don't look at the meter and hunt by tone ID only, so the 4th tone is a good option to have when looking for small gold on the beach when I am under some time limits or want to hunt the dry sand for earrings and the smaller engagement rings. I can just sweep and gear up the ears for that tone !

Thanks Joe for the deal and I hope that E-Trac works out for you. It's a nice unit and it will take a bit to get used to as opposed to a CZ, but it is a bit better, in my opinion, on trashier sites and iron laden ones as well. It does sniff out the deep silver and mine actually found me several pieces of gold on the beach amongst a lot if iron nails and washers.
February 09, 2012 02:46PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joe...... was that a typo???? You said that I
> tested/validated this unit at 10.9" on a clad
> dime. I just looked at my records...... and I have
> it at 11.9" on a clad dime...... assuming it is
> 10210618.

Yes, Tom, it was indeed a typo. In my haste to get my post up, I put up slightly incorrect information. It is indeed 11.9". But hey, when you're talking about such a powerhouse as a CZ, what's an extra inch here or inch there, lol. Thanks for pointing that out, Tom smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2012 02:51PM by njnydigger.
February 09, 2012 03:09PM
Yes, I was going to ask the same question... a Dankowski tuned 3D getting <11" on a dime??? But I didn't want to point it out...

Anyway, this is a question for Tom related to his depth on a dime after tuning: What is the range (or better yet, 'standard deviation') of the maximum depth reading on a dime? Do 99% of units fall +/-0.2" or +/- 1.0" about the mean average? I wonder if you keep this data in a spreadsheet that would be easy to calculate.

Just curious how consistent they are when tuned properly...
February 09, 2012 05:39PM
FRL had a spec/standard of 11-3/8" - 11-1/2" to .............. "PROPERLY ID" ............... a zinc cent that was stationary in front of the 8" coil. The zinc cent would 'rotate' on a long toothpick.......and NOT be 'waived' across the coil. (This is what I mean by 'stationary'). BECAUSE OF THIS REQUIREMENT....... thus allowed each unit to nominal/median avg detect a clad dime in the 11.8" - 12.1" range. To 'properly' ID a zinc cent in this fashion..... and at 11.5"...... is to say that the unit needed to actually detect the zinc cent at a further distance. This was all of the 1021 series CZ-3D's and the 1st half of the 1121 series 3D's. Front-end and main-boards were rejected if this spec was not met. I'm not sure what transpired with the 'rejected' boards........... and suspect they were recycled after repair/troubleshooting. (((It would be too expensive to throw them away))).
February 09, 2012 06:54PM
Tom, along with the internal electronics causing a unit to not aquire max depth, could a coil not up to spec(maybe 1 winding shy), or high resistance in a soldier connection, come into play with lost depth capability?
February 10, 2012 02:28AM
The 8" coils....... especially....... have been extremely consistent........... and has nothing to do with depth/lack-of-depth. Unless there is gross error in the coil 'build'......... it is always in the electronics that causes the large unit-to-unit differential.

Yes.... a bad (cold) solder joint can cause problems........ but doubtful this is the err.