Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

E-trac vs. V3 - Minelab smackdown

Posted by Johnnyanglo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: E-trac vs. V3 - Minelab smackdown
February 17, 2012 03:54PM
If the eTrac had a true all metal mode it would be the pinnacle of VLF machines for me! As already covered it is probably number 1 on the market for hunting coins in disc mode....uncannily accurate ID but just not as deep as other machines can go with their all metal modes. I would be one happy camper if it had that feature and could match or excel the F75 or V3i in all metal. WOW would be the word. I just had a buyer claim mine...so now I'm one step closer to my GPX. YEE HAW!!
February 17, 2012 04:28PM
Ive really enjoyed this thread and have to compliment you guys, no slandererous,name calling insults. Trully amazing and I think its a result of Toms inspiration that a forum can really be open like this. It (the technical and lot of cases some your personal experiences thru the use of equipment) may not weigh as much as you realize, to yourselves, but folks like me reap good information from them. Not trying to hijack your thread,just complimenting you guys for your maturity.
I was afraid of the V3, for all the adjustments, I did read a great deal over the last several years on it and the E-Trac. I bought the E-Trac and though, Im still not in sinc with it yet, find it not difficult to use. That was my decision for the E-Trac over the V3, and Im a Whites user. All the posted finds I see, especially found in iron laden sites, helped also.
I have fairly mild soil most places. I just have problems in heavy iron.
Thank you all,
John
February 18, 2012 01:55AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the eTrac had a true all metal mode it would be
> the pinnacle of VLF machines for me! As already
> covered it is probably number 1 on the market for
> hunting coins in disc mode....uncannily accurate
> ID but just not as deep as other machines can go
> with their all metal modes. I would be one happy
> camper if it had that feature and could match or
> excel the F75 or V3i in all metal. WOW would be
> the word. I just had a buyer claim mine...so now
> I'm one step closer to my GPX. YEE HAW!!

I agree completely with you Daniel, I too wish the Etrac had a true all metal mode.