Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

looking for a 1021 attention DAN??????????????

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
looking for a 1021 attention DAN??????????????
February 16, 2012 07:05PM
would like to get another one and give it a try....Have not even used my cz70 pro yet but will tomorrow. I have turned the sens. up to 8 and it is stable. Hope it is the same while out hunting. There sure is a lot of difference in depth between 4 and 6 on the sens. At least as far as air testing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2012 11:52AM by sonny(IN).
Re: looking for a 1021
February 16, 2012 08:39PM
There is a nice one on the Bay Sonny. It looks like brand new. But you better be ready to break out the cash as it is already over 500.00!
February 16, 2012 09:43PM
You shouldn't have sold me the one you had last year !!
February 16, 2012 10:14PM
Sonny you bought a newer CZ70 and most cases won't be able to go over 4 to use in my neck of the woods some areas you can get up to 6 but expect some falsing..As far as 8 sens. forget about even trying....at least from my experience....I really think the powers to be has everyone shell shocked with air tests as even at 4 and 6 depending on the area got 10-12 silver dimes in actual field hunting in old ground where it counts...
February 16, 2012 11:06PM
Dan. It seems that out in my yard I can run it at 6 with no problems. Will know more tomorrow for sure. Still have the e trac which is a killer on silver anyway. Will keep you updated
February 16, 2012 11:09PM
Dan. By the way I am in Indiana Not your neck of the woods. Ha
February 17, 2012 01:34PM
Sonny indeed mineralization local EMI whether heard or silent can certainly make a difference....so good luck in your neck of the woods and again Explorers are sure silver magnets and the noise cancel facet sure compensates.
In addendum seems like your loaded for bear with a super combo.....
February 20, 2012 11:51AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sonny you bought a newer CZ70 and most cases won't
> be able to go over 4 to use in my neck of the
> woods some areas you can get up to 6 but expect
> some falsing..As far as 8 sens. forget about even
> trying....at least from my experience....I really
> think the powers to be has everyone shell shocked
> with air tests as even at 4 and 6 depending on the
> area got 10-12 silver dimes in actual field
> hunting in old ground where it counts...
Dan my question is Why can I go to 8 sensitivity with no problems. Something wrong? I have only found one coin so far that was 8 inches deep according to the depth meter. I have been hunting on 6 and as far as air testing it goes no deeper in 8 or 10 just a louder response. Another thing I remeber the last NEW cz70 that I bought the screen had a rainbow effect and it seemed different looking screen than others in that respect. This one has no rainbow effect and it was bought new in 04. Seems the earlier ones were more stable. Anyway I can hunt in 8 and no falsing but like the cz5 at 5 I most likely will leave it at 6. It will air test a dime around 11 inches on 6.. your thoughts appreciated.....thanks in advance
February 20, 2012 01:14PM
You are correct. In the ID mode.... a Sens setting of '6' is max depth. Sens of 8 or 10 only increases the 'volume' of the target..... and renders no additional depth. Sens setting of '6' would be the preferred setting.
Re: looking for a 1021 attention DAN??????????????
February 20, 2012 02:13PM
As always Tom's the man when it comes to CZ's and with 20 years experience on CZ's feel Tom is spot on with an average sens. of 6.. and keeping a stable deep unit..Am sure there are exceptions but all in all Tom's post should have been the addendum but assume post was aimed at me so I will concur.
Seems to me you are having problems deciding between an Explorer and CZ and I know the feeling but since you have the best of both worlds owning both guess its your call which one goes with you on your next hunt..and goodluck as both fine units in their own right..
February 20, 2012 03:45PM
If I could keep only one it would be the E- TRAC...I have used many cz's but really think the e-trac works better for me so the cz70 pro is basically going to be a back up at this time...
February 20, 2012 11:46PM
Sonny don't feel like the Lone Ranger...been stuggling back and forth between CZ's and Explorers for years...and owned every CZ model ever made and Explorer XS..11, SE, SE pro but your one up on me as never used the E-trac...
Are we having fun yet????