Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Erratic signals on G2 or Gold Bug Pro

Posted by Trucker_Greg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Erratic signals on G2 or Gold Bug Pro
February 21, 2012 01:10AM
Well for the second time in six months my Technetics G2 is heading for the shop. I used it Saturday with no problems and I turned it on today and I am getting a constant erratic chatter. The first time it was found to have a bad Diode in it.
I put a new battery in it on Saturday but I used it after that. Any one had any similar problems with theirs? Thanks
Re: Erratic signals on G2 or Gold Bug Pro
February 21, 2012 01:45AM
I've had my GB Pro for a year now, and while it's not my primary detector, I haven't had the problem...sorry you are having issues with yours, but I feel confident FT will take care of you...

Steve
February 21, 2012 06:05AM
Mine seemed to be acting up today. It was falsing constantly. It took me a half hour to figure out it was just a loose cable connection at the box. Once I tightened it, it was fine.
February 21, 2012 06:59PM
Yeah thanks I tried the cable to no avail.. Turn the machine on and it chatters.
February 24, 2012 06:02AM
Well checked it out today,found it to be a bad coil.
Re: Erratic signals on G2 or Gold Bug Pro Water?
February 25, 2012 12:27AM
Greg, I have to ask you about water. First my F75 stock coil died. I checked with my small coil and figured out it was the coil. I sent it in. About a week later my G2 stock coil did the same thing. Before I could send in the G2 the F75 brand new coil arrived. I noticed it had a bead of sealer or plastic around the heel of the coil. I then took my G2 coil turned it upside down and shook it. Water came out of the back of the coil near the heel. I sent it in and Teknetics sent me a brand new coil. Again, it had the bead of sealer. I killed the G2 hunting in a flooded soy bean field. I killed the Fisher rinsing the coil off in a stream after a muddy hunt. I had to ask, about yours to see if it might have been killed by water.

Don
February 25, 2012 12:33AM
You know it was very wet last Saturday when I hunted (puddles) I did not use it Sunday but tried it Monday. Very well could be a seal problem, their suppose to be water proof.
February 25, 2012 12:58PM
I have had one waterproof F75 coil 'flood' on me.