Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DFX vs. 3D?

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DFX vs. 3D?
August 09, 2007 05:31AM
Tom I know you have tried a lot of different detectors,in your clinical style.In your experience how do these machines compare?Target seperation,depth recovery time.I'm really getting the hang of this 3D.My nickel count is soaring.I got 8 silver dimes and 2 silver quarters along with 2 silver rings and 109 clad coins the other day.I was at a park today and the maintainance man came over and told me he sure hates to hunt behind me with the CZ.My soil is fairly mineralized here in Montana,iron.Thanks Bill
Re: DFX vs. 3D?
August 09, 2007 05:54PM
DFX lacks approx 1.5" depth on coin-sized targets (on average w/avg soil conditions).
DFX has larger stock coil.
DFX has wide nickel window..... consequently finds too many newer flip-tabs (square-tabs) that read 'nickel'.
DFX very stable unit.
DFX has quite a few pages of menu's for set-up. (Not K.I.S.S.).
DFX slightly better balanced.
DFX reads older Indian Head Cents 1860's, 70's & 80's... many silver Half-Dimes, tilted and/or slightly masked coins as "tab/trash".

Sincerely,

Tom
August 10, 2007 08:30PM
Thank you Tom
August 11, 2007 03:16PM
I hunt with the cz 5 with 5" coil and a DFX with a 6x10 coil. The 5" coil will go all most as deep as the 6x10. The Dfx can disc. a little better then the CZ's in trash. The pin point on the 6x10 is ferry good. But I have come behind the DFX with the CZ 5 and found some coins. But I have hunted with cz's for 13 yrs. and the DFX for a few Mo.. The DFX is a lot harder to learn then the CZ'S. The CZ's for some reason coil for coil size is the deepest detector that I know.
August 11, 2007 07:45PM
Agree!

Tom
August 15, 2007 03:15AM
Hmmm .....

Wondering if there is a way to incorporate the 2 technologies .....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

August 16, 2007 01:08AM
..... In some cases...Yes. But just not cost effective.

Tom