Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F70 tryout and kudos To Fisher

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F70 tryout and kudos To Fisher
March 01, 2012 01:30AM
I got my F70 back today from Fisher repair and took it out to try it in my clad fields with the 5 inch coil. Needless to say it worked fine. The Fisher repair department fixed the dirt that got behind my screen and did a couple other touch ups that were needed as a courteous gesture. All under guarantee. These people sure know how to take care of there customers. I was on my way home from detecting and stopped at a school I have been wanting to detect for awhile. I soon found the soil way to wet to be digging. As I worked my way back to the car I got a strong coin signal and found it to be 7 inches deep with the 5 inch coil. I dug and after a lot of pinpointing in the mud I found a 1/2 inch diameter copper washer. This 5 inch coil is absolutely amazing. My settings were Disc 4 DEF mode 9 threshold, 80 sensitivity Sounds 4 and F1 on the HZ setting. I have just ordered a Garrett AT Pro and should have it by this weekend. I am getting it for a backup. Good hunting to all. By yhe way, I air tested the 1/2 inch diameter washer with the same settings I found it at and it sounded off out to 9 and a half to 10 inches. What a coil!!!!.
Re: F70 tryout and kudos To Fisher
March 01, 2012 02:06AM
Are you still considering the AT Pro? Has this now changed with the F70 repair?
Re: F70 tryout and kudos To Fisher
March 01, 2012 02:16AM
I ordered the AT Pro today. it looks to me to be a good choice to back up my F70.