NEW TWO TONE INFO PART TWO...
January 05, 2009 02:17AM
There was a lot of responce on my last comments on using two tones. But today was a perfect day to try delta, multy, two and one tone. One thing I have always had a problem with is GB....Why? I never could find a clean area of ground to GB in. I mean the F75 picks up everything right!

So I have tried using the pin pointer and found it still hard to find clean ground. But yesterday and today in some of the hardest areas to detect I walked around in pin point mood till I found a clean spot of earth. And I did a fast grab. I have always wondered when hunting with friends how come one finds more then the other and I always thought how good was the ground balance.

So yesterday and today I found a clean spot and GB my machine. Today I was at an old school that dates back to the 1840s and I know the sink rate is very good which for me is very bad.

I have hunted this school when I moved here about four years ago. And in four years I have added my F75. When I got my F75 I pulled out an Indian head and then a barber dime and each month I would find some wheat's. Then I started to read a lot of info on NASA Tom's forum and tried his ideas in Calif soil.

I found that two tone works for me on an area that has a fair amount of trash. I like the second tone because it tell me there is something other then iron in the ground. Today I used the two tones, sens at about 70-80 disc on 0-5 I ground balanced at 71.

The ground was perfect damp dirt not wet. And when you dug even 7-8 inches the ground was the same, damp not wet. My first target was a cool button that was about 7" deep near a huge old tree. I could almost see the kids back in the day playing around the tree.

It was a dirty hit more of a buzz that was very short in duration. So I slowed down and tried to find the sweet spot on the coil. When I did I would look at the numbers flying all over the place. But what I was looking for was anything above 23. I saw enough 30-58 to know it was in the range I like.

And I was trying to repeat the buzz even if it was a few times. After I did all of my check list for digging a target, I dug the target and out comes this cool button. It was in great shape with the loop still in the back. It has an animal on the front maybe a wolf. I know it is from the late 1800s.

The next target was the same sound as the last a buzz beep so I slowed down and got it to repeat and it is another button but it was smashed. You could still see a design on it but a button is a button.

It was getting cold for Calif I live in the Gold Country and I started to lose my energy so I was walking down to the gate and I get another buzz beep very iffy like the rest. I look at the numbers and they are from 25-58. I dig down about 8" and there is a coin a 1913 buffalo. The point about all of this is, it is not a walk in the park to find the old stuff. You really have to work for it and take your time. I think if the targets were a bit deeper i would have not found them. If only we could get a F75 that went to the next level! But for now the F75 is the best detector I have used. I will make a new video in the near future.

I also hit a park that dates back to the 1940s and used the same method. I found a few WWII buttons and some other buttons that read like silver. This is near Preston Castle that dates back to the 1890s I posted the photos on another forum.

[www.findmall.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 05:16AM by Lawrenzo.
Re: NEW TWO TONE INFO PART TWO...
January 05, 2009 02:30AM
Good report. And if only folks could realize just how many good targets passed under their coil.... but remained undetectable.