Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Visual Representation of Sound on detectors

Posted by earthmansurfer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Visual Representation of Sound on detectors
March 04, 2012 06:15PM
We have been having an interesting talk over at Find on that "New Fisher CZ" thread. [www.findmall.com]

Dave Johnson jumped in and said "We have under development new approaches to displaying the character of the target, no comment on what those approaches are, sorry! " This got me thinking about the E-Trac and how it gives another perspective to VID numbers and displaying them. I wonder what Dave is working on...

Maybe check out that thread and see the possibilites, but what do you all think? What about displaying sound as data in the form of symbols, pictures or the likes? Remember, some folks don't have good hearing, it takes beginners a long long time to learn the sounds and detectors are going to go forward anyway, so we might as well look into it.

You guys who really understanding electronics & detectors, what do you think we can do in the way of graphing "sound"?

EMS
Re: Visual Representation of Sound on detectors
March 04, 2012 07:17PM
Wow, earthman, this IS a good thread going on over there. Very interesting...

Steve
March 05, 2012 02:30AM
Tom needs to censor the word findmall. I don't want to accidentally be linked there.
March 05, 2012 02:55AM
Shambler --

That cracked me up! smiling smiley Good one!

Steve
March 05, 2012 08:21AM
Shambler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tom needs to censor the word findmall. I don't
> want to accidentally be linked there.

I feel your pain, LOL. But at the same time, the great words of J. Krishnamurti are in me "Find the truth in the false." (no pun intended).