Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How to save money on the Deus.

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: How to save money on the Deus.
March 18, 2012 07:17PM
mcgov51 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

Yes the headphones are light weight but you don't have an equivalent pair with your $40.00 purchase. the Deus headphones are also capable of controlling the detector.

>
> Yes . . . it is wireless from coil - control box
> - headphones whereas only my headphones are. . .
> but I only
> paid $40 to do this and I can interhange this
> wireless capability with any unit I have.
>
> Yes . . . it is light weight . . . great.
> Yes . . . it seems to have excellent target
> separation . . . great.
> Yes . . . it seems to have very quick recovery
> speed . . . great.
> Yes . . . For Sure it will cost 3-4X what I paid
> for my AT Pro and probably deliver 1.6X the depth
> at best . . . not so great.
>
> For some people these attributes may be enough as
> they are ?
> But not me . . . at least not yet.
>
> Soon there will be honest data to evaluate.
>
> Armchair Yank
March 18, 2012 07:50PM
Earthmansufer - What a bunch of meatheads we're dealing with here.
You can't even say anything good about this without drawing their ayre.
Those were the days.
March 18, 2012 08:17PM
Where in Germany are you? I live in Schwaebish Gmund(sp) 1976-1978. Purchased my first detector, a TR. There was absolutely no mineralization over there.

Cheers!

earthmansurfer Wrote:
> Detectorist Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > With your cheerful attitude and sunny
> disposition,
> > I bet you're the life of any party.
> >
> > lol
> >
> >
> > mcgov51 Wrote:
>
> Detectorist - I really had to LOL at that one. I
> do enjoy reading mcgov51's posts though, it sort
> of livens things up. And sincerely no offense
> meant, but the memories...
>
> [viewfrommiddleclass.files.wordpress.com]
> 2/02/archie.jpg
March 19, 2012 08:20AM
mcgov51 - Deus has sure added a lot to talk about. I brought it up here a couple of years ago or so as it was really affecting the market and hunters in Europe (I never had one but read non stop and spoke to people about it.) It is VERY VERY close in performance to the GMax from all I can gather (if you want to save money) but then you lose the other frequencies. It sure is expensive and being that my ground is iron mineralized I can take a chance on just buying one to see if it works. I love the E-Trac but my back doesn't. So, something will have to give.

I think the guys here are great mcgov51! There not meatheads (but your words do crack me up.) You are kind of aggressive so I think that is a bit of a challenge - but different people bring different things here and I think that is great. I don't like middle of the rung mud - that is boring.

I never found emotion to be concerned with truth, rather to only be concerned with being right. So I am careful when I feel emotional about something and of course when I see others being emotional about something. That said, being emotional is not synonymous with being wrong. We have "vested interests" in our opinions it seems. And it takes an open mind to accept and not argue points outright, just look at the data, look at what people are saying, etc.

Detectorist - I'm in Nürnberg. I always though the ground here was mild, the Omega only gave me one or two bars and a relatively low Fe number. Then I got an E-Trac and started finding deeper coins. I can only chalk it up to the iron mineralization. Tom mentioned the jumpy VID in a V3i video I made and said that is a tell tale sign of iron mineralization. I had always thought it just came with depth. But I see his point now. In Florida good detectors can give an accurate ID at 12". Here with the single frequencies it seems to be more like 7" or less.

Wouldn't a TR detector see right through iron mineralization though? (Aren't those the old machines that could hunt right into the iron with no problems?)

I think, perhaps, due to WWII, there is just an inordinate amount of iron in the ground here - now that you say what you did. I just imagined that Europe in general, being old, has so much iron in the ground, and through rust and such, the iron mineralization appears.
March 19, 2012 09:59AM
TR machines were terrible in mineralization. Great because they didn't require sweeping to activate discrimination. But good for about 2" depth in mineralized soil like in the western U.S. That was my experience with them. There was a hat trick you could do with VLF/TR machines to increase depth. Locate target in all metal, then switch to TR while coil was centered on target. Then slide coil off slowly, and listen to response. I thank the Universe/George Payne for the advent of the motion discriminator....lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2012 10:05AM by TerraDigger.
March 19, 2012 01:13PM
Earthmansufer - Aggressive . . . yes I guess so . . . especially when it comes to double talk and stonewalling instead of a straight answer.
My particular situation and the 12" bomb I unintentionally set off and was heard around the world comes from my point of view that . . .

Less for less is fine, let me make the choice but don't give me . . .
Less or even the same for 3X - 4X $ more $.
I can get 8" now with what I have for $600
I can pick from a number of 10" machines for $1,000 but
I really need a 12" unit because it best suits my needs so . . .

For a $2,000+ Deus vs $600 would you be happy with only 2" more or expect 4" ( kind of hard to recoupe $2,000. We don't have valuable Roman or Celtic coins over here ) so

For 3X - 4X $ more $ than my $600 unit or 2X plus more than a $1,000 unit I unwisely said to the world I expect 12" ( 2"more than a $1,000 unit ) for this amount of hard earned money.

The only mistake I made was that I actually stated that I expected some added value in the way of performance and said so . . . apparently I started a joke.

I did not know the truth and what seemed to be a fair statement would hurt so many. Talk about denial.

Anybody that unwittingly gets into this hobby deserves what they get . . . and most of the time that is going to be less or no better for $ more $.

BUYER BEWARE.

Find someone to trust that has no problems with the proven truth and stick with them. This forum and Mr. Dankowski without a doubt fits that need.
I will reach my goals as stated above at a reasonable cost and when I am ready because I belong to this forum and deal with Mr. Dankowski.

Are you tired of all of the hype and cute spin Dr. double talk? Just want the truth and the facts?

Join up, patronize this man and find out for yourself.
March 19, 2012 01:31PM
For what it's worth:

Years ago........ I offered FRL $25,000.00 for every EXTRA inch on a dime (above the current 12" CZ platform).......... as long as it was stll a stable/accurate ID in my low mineralization soil. If they could make the unit 4" deeper with reasonable/accurate ID .......... yes, that means that I would pay $100,000.00 for these extra 4".
No one took me seriously.
March 19, 2012 03:27PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> For what it's worth:
>
> Years ago........ I offered FRL $25,000.00 for
> every EXTRA inch on a dime (above the current 12"
> CZ platform).......... as long as it was stll a
> stable/accurate ID in my low mineralization soil.
> If they could make the unit 4" deeper with
> reasonable/accurate ID .......... yes, that means
> that I would pay $100,000.00 for these extra 4".
> No one took me seriously.

Wow. Is the CZ still your go to detector or has it been replaced by a F75?
March 19, 2012 07:03PM
mcgov51 - A LOT of guys have been questioning the Deus. So to be fair, you didn't set the bomb off but you did add fuel to the fire.

I won't get a Deus anytime soon as there are some units that will be released this year that I am more excited about, especially the new CZ and hopefully an E-Trac replacement.

That said, the Deus is different in that it is made for the worst iron conditions detectorists ever see, after all it was designed under those conditions. I should add tough ground as well (UK), so I should keep an open mind with this last point.
Simply put, the recovery speed and how it processes iron is something different. It appears to have the fastest recovery speed out there, but we are splitting hairs - almost. ;-) You are paying for the best separation I think.

I want a unit that goes deeper though. Today I went back to a spot that I had hit 2X with my V3i and pulled a lot of coins from. I should add, a lot of coins less than 6" deep from. Suddenly, in this little stretch of ground, I pulled 4 or 5 zinc Nazi coins from 6" to 8" and all with good tone. I walked right over them with the V3i due to the broken sound and jumpy VID. I also scored 1 gold ring and 2 silver from nearby. I can't say I walked over everything I found with the V3i, but I know I hit 2 strips at the same exact angle and didn't get anything deeper. (Not really deep per say, but this iron mineralization limits me.) Now, would the Deus have picked them up? If it does good in iron mineralized ground I guess so, but I have to wait for the previous reasons, mostly that Coin Zapper one ;-)

Yes, we will pay a lot more for 2" more. I did, I had a nice Omega that was getting me 6" - 7" here, and got an E-Trac that goes 8" - 10" in my soil. I am happy about that, my back not so much. But that solid VID is something to admire. The Deus' VID cuts out at around 8" according to some owners, but the sound is still very good beyond that. But with so many targets in the ground, I would really have to adapt to that way of hunting. I don't even look at my E-Tracs display until my ear catches something anyway.

If you want depth at a reasonable cost but with no Target ID, check the Blisstoon thread. It appears to be the real deal and again got noted in the UK but it's out of Bulgaria.

Looking forward to some comparison videos on coins at depth with the Deus.
March 19, 2012 09:05PM
NASA-Tom, thats quite the story about FRL. 25k years ago would be about 40k in todays purchasing power. Has anyone noticed Tom D. is rather serious about this hobbysmiling smiley
March 20, 2012 01:50AM
TerraDigger Wrote:
> TR machines were terrible in mineralization. Great
> because they didn't require sweeping to activate
> discrimination. But good for about 2" depth in
> mineralized soil like in the western U.S. That was
> my experience with them. There was a hat trick you
> could do with VLF/TR machines to increase depth.
> Locate target in all metal, then switch to TR
> while coil was centered on target. Then slide coil
> off slowly, and listen to response. I thank the
> Universe/George Payne for the advent of the motion
> discriminator....lol

yup!! "george payne" opened the door!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 20, 2012 02:19AM
Earthmansufer - Well what do know we do have some similar thoughts. The D thing . . . it is what it is.

Going deeper . . . I know I'm putting a lot of time and energy into hunting and leaving the best behind . . . no joy.
I hope the beach can treat me a little better.

There was a guy over here ( 80 miles away ) in my state i.e. Maryland . . . that got a 1939 Nazi coin on his property
with a Ace 150. Then I have a friend/neighbor wanting to go up there and go over that property with a serious GPR Unit.

I too am awaiting the new crop of MD's. Especially the Fisher top of the line.

When the time comes . . . I will consult with Tom #*%^!? after his evaluations are done and what he recommends will
be my next MD choice at his price. I appreciate what this man unselfiishly gives to all of us everyday.
March 20, 2012 02:33AM
yes! the man gives it "straight" and without reservation!
somethin' tells me he likes to 'hunt" too!..he heh ehh!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 20, 2012 02:51AM
Detectorist............. I use the CZ for 'clean' or 'semi-clean' hunts............ and the F75 for iron infested sites .... (which are my favorite...... and..... hold the most targets in the smallest area/volume of dirt).