Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The only difference

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The only difference
March 22, 2012 09:33PM
in men and boys is the price of their toys. That seems to hold very true. I really wonder if there is a limit as what a person would give for the RIGHT detector. I know one guy said he would give 25,000..... Wow would that be the limit? Just think if they made a light weight detector that actually showed what was in the ground.. What would that be worth?
As hobbies go....
March 22, 2012 09:39PM
Look at what the remote airplane guys spend, or photography, or street racing....motorcycles.., etc.
Re: The only difference
March 23, 2012 01:17AM
Don't wish for the end...if they make a unit that will show you whats in the ground all parks will be cleaned of gold rings and of course silver coins are getting harder every year as it is..

If 300 bowling games were common and holes in ones in golf also and every trout was 20 inches or more well you get the idea...

Life is competition and take away the challenge and I for one might sell all my units and ride off into the sunset only God knows where....
March 23, 2012 01:26AM
Dan...true words of wisdom...that comes with a long useful life.
March 23, 2012 01:53AM

Look at what the remote airplane guys spend, or photography, or street racing....motorcycles.., etc.

True. I like when a fisherman passes me and says, "finding any treasure" with a facetious tone. I smile and wave, but I want to point out that his hobby has cost him way more than mine and he throws his "treasure" back.
March 23, 2012 02:38AM
Shambler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look at what the remote airplane guys spend, or
> photography, or street racing....motorcycles..,
> etc.
>
> True. I like when a fisherman passes me and says,
> "finding any treasure" with a facetious tone. I
> smile and wave, but I want to point out that his
> hobby has cost him way more than mine and he
> throws his "treasure" back.

Yea, I totally forgot about fishing.
March 23, 2012 01:24PM
Well for instance I know a lot of golfers who have lost their balls but doesn't happen too often in our hobby except perhaps if you get caught by a jealous husband....
March 23, 2012 02:14PM
HaHa! Hope you are not speaking from personal experience Dan.
March 23, 2012 04:00PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... of course silver
> coins are getting harder every year as it is.

I hear you Dan, it's getting to the point that Wheaties are becoming fun to dig!
March 23, 2012 04:55PM
Wait, why would someone's husband be jealous that I spent thousands of dollars to dig zinc pennies??? I can see losing some serious spheres if MY wife found out where the shell to her nest egg went, but what's it to anyone else? I never was into swinging before I took up MDing.
Tom the innocent

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 23, 2012 10:55PM
Well put Tom of course being happily married 48 years not talking about my personal experiences....never was an English Major myself but very eloquently put and amazing how saying basically the same thing using different words just smooths out my post....Reminds me of the situation where a fella was asked how long he had been happily married and he said two years and his buddy said I thought you wer married a lot longer than that and the fella replied actually 10 years but only two of them happily...
March 25, 2012 01:31PM
I may well loose some balls playing golf..... but those loose PPers arent cheap. People already pay a hefty price i think for the pricy ML gold machines. To see everything in the ground with a detector...... i can just picture a ton of them being sold..... but also the results. It would be like the purchase of plywood just before a hurricane. Then i have no doubt are parks would look like the hurricane struck them. Larger diggers to back hoes with a total disregard or respect for the hobby. It would remind you of those old photos of settlers linning up for free land.

Dew