Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First relic hunt with the Deus..

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First relic hunt with the Deus..
March 26, 2012 08:42AM
Decided, at the spur of the moment, to head towards Pilot Knob, in Missouri. There was a pretty large 2 day battle with 13,000 Rebs and 1500 Yankees. Obviously, all the normal spots are 'hunted out'. No problema for the Deus. Found an obvious public strip of grass right next to the street. I was told the city maintained it. Just hunted 2.5 hours. Lots of trash. I would say 5-6 pieces of trash for each good target. Did I mention I hate cut up aluminum trash? I did get fooled 4 times by big iron. Need to practice more.

Lots of buried 'big' iron, not just nails. Managed to salvage 3 nice balls, a 1912 V Nickel, and a .58 minnieball. It was my first relic hunt in 2 years I believe. I've had worse days.

Relics_03252012 by Detectorist, on Flickr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 08:45AM by Detectorist.
Re: First relic hunt with the Deus..
March 26, 2012 02:08PM
That is pretty awesome! Congrats on the great finds!
March 26, 2012 02:52PM
Super finds first time out with a new unit....only going to get better as usually first time out with a unit its basically a walk in the park trying the various facets.
Appears you done your homework and certainly helps and speeds the learning period...
March 27, 2012 12:52AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Super finds first time out with a new unit....only
> going to get better as usually first time out with
> a unit its basically a walk in the park trying the
> various facets.
> Appears you done your homework and certainly helps
> and speeds the learning period...

Actually, it's not the first time out with the Deus. I had about 8 hours on it before I went relic hunting. It's the first relic hunt with the D machine.