Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

do you think it is worth trying

Posted by Caretaker 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
do you think it is worth trying
March 27, 2012 11:22AM
I just got done hunting an over grown field the last 2 weeks, I hunted it 2 hour a day, it was a swampy area that dried , but being there I noticed it was up a lot higher than I though. the ground and vegetation was real dry, so I hunted hard while I could, my finds were 16 1800 coins from 1802 to 1888, and over 25 buttons, I hunted it with the AT Pro, it's void of non furious repeatable signals, I want to hunt it with my CZ20 after this weeks rain, what do I set the CZ, in all metal, thanks
Re: do you think it is worth trying
March 27, 2012 12:05PM
YEs....and if possible, I would mow the site to make it easier to find even more goodies...............see ya yardhunter
Re: do you think it is worth trying
March 27, 2012 12:11PM
Hey Steve,

I have done a lot of land hunting with the CZ20 and I've found that it doesn't have super depth away from the salt environment at the beach but if the place is not too trashy, I'd try hunting it in autotune. You can still switch back to disc to check ID.

One thing I'm sure you know about the CZ20 is that at the beach, deep targets will often ID as iron. That's because the CZ20 gets really good performance in the salt environment, but on land it won't do this because it doesn't get nearly the same depth away from the salt. On land your target ID is going to be more precise and correct even with stuff at the edge of detection. I have never been able to get a deep target to ID as iron away from the beach.

I've not found autotune to have much benefit over Disc mode except that you might be less likely to miss the smaller deeper targets while swinging. Autotune can also give a better idea of target size and depth. On land, if you get a small deep target in autotune, switch to 0 disc to ID it. The target ID will likely be correct every time.

I'd hunt it in autotune, sensitivity 10, switching to 0 disc for ID and dig everything but iron.

It never hurts to search a site with every detector you have. I've made many good land finds with my CZ20. Two tree coins and a cache of 150 silver coins come to mind.

Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 12:23PM by Badger in NH.