Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HOW DID BRANDY STATION DEMO GO WITH BLISSTOOL??

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
HOW DID BRANDY STATION DEMO GO WITH BLISSTOOL??
April 27, 2012 04:16PM
No word or post anywhere on the Demo. Does anyone know anything or seen any post on the test? I am asking because I am interested in the detector but need to know more......

Tom in SC
Re: HOW DID BRANDY STATION DEMO GO WITH BLISSTOOL??
April 27, 2012 05:28PM
Hey Tom give Carter a call and ask him.
April 27, 2012 09:27PM
John K was one of them at the test. Here is his view on it:

------------

I was going to wait until the distributors of the Blisstool posted their video of the testing. But..... My main reason for even doing the deal was to see how it stacked up against the old reliable Blue & Gray. Again, in my opinion the B&G, even though it's over 18 years old, is the best doggone bad ground VLF machine out there. We had the Blisstool, B&G, F75, GPX 5000 and a TDI. As anyone who has ever tried to conduct a test under real relic hunting conditions will tell you, sometimes relics can be hard to find . The only way I really wanted to plant anything was if we didn't locate any real targets. Happy to say we hit a spot on our second try that contained some relics. Grass is getting tall and crops are going in so that cramped our testing locations.

The Blisstool and the B&G were just about neck and neck at first as far as target location and discrimination. To be fair for the F75, none of us really had any experience with it and I'm sure if we had an experienced operator it would have held it's own. Now, there was a target located with the TDI that the Blisstool hit pretty hard on and I couldn't hear it at all with the B&G It turned out to be a round ball at 12". I think maybe if I had fiddled around with my settings a little more I probably could have hit it but not under normal hunting conditions. The 5000 located a couple .69 minnies that both VLF's hit on pretty good. They were right at 10" in the wed dut. I will say that the Blisstool sounded off real loud on these. It has a weird control on it called "discrimination depth" and once that was adjusted properly it really hit hard on those deep bullets. It has your normal notch type discriminator control but also that extra "discrimination depth" control as well.

We also tried a yard at a Civil War era house. I had the 8" coil on my B&G and it was totally overwhelmed with all the iron so I put it back in the truck pretty quick. The Blisstool did a pretty good job of picking through the junk for non-ferris targets and would probably be a good tool in junky sites.

I'm by no means a professional detector evaluator so all I can do is tell it like I saw it. All things considered, I was impressed with the Blisstool. It did seem to hit harder on bullets in highly mineralized soil than did my B&G. It picked up that roundball when I would have walked on by. Did we push it's limits?....I don't think we came close. Will it replace the PI in hot ground? Don't think so. I guess we should have buried some targets to get down to the PI limits wherever that is, but we didn't have time.
Would I replace my B&G with it? Don't think so. Would I recommend it. Yes, it will be a great top of the line VLF machine that is as good (maybe a little better) as my old beloved B&G with which I have found many thousands of relics in WED DUT. The previous video depicting the Blisstool in WED DUT was very accurate and from what I saw not staged at all. It will also most likely be crazy deep in good ground!

I look forward to your evaluation Daniel. You are much better at it than I am. I'll probably have more comments after I see the video. It was fun to get out with old friends and new for some detecting.

-------------------

And here is Carter's reply to that message:

---------------------

Thank you for spending time with us so we could test the Blisstool in the harshest land conditions we could find; there is nothing like that red dirt in VA. We already know that the machine acts like a PI with iron discrimination in the easy dirt but the real test was how this single frequency induction balance machine would work in the red dirt. We did our video test a couple of weeks ago by burring targets in the red dirt but it was much more informative working together side by side with you, Don and Will. By locating actual (not buried) targets first with the TDI and GPX 5000 , we then were able to tune in the Blisstool to clearly hear a round ball and 69 mini down to 12”. By the way the signal sounded on the Blisstool, we most likely would have been able to pick them up deeper. The discrimination depth is a unique feature to the Blisstool and it made all the difference tweaking it while testing the signals found with the TDI and GPX. We also checked out some “good signals” on the TDI and GPX that knocked out on the Blisstool; they ended up being ration can pieces. Two larger size flat can pieces were picked up by the Blisstool but in general it knocked out the iron signals that sounded good on the PI machines. I look forward to future testing and locating DEEP targets with the PI machines so we can see the limits of how far the Blisstool can actually penetrate that VA dirt. I’ll work on the video and get it posted over the weekend. Thanks again for your time and evaluation. Regarding your Whites Blue & Grey, once you had that machine ground balanced, it was impressive!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting real world test. Looking forward to seeing this video. Looking even more forward to my own Blisstool getting here. The days are getting slower and slower as it get closer to the time they are expecting shipment on them. LOL
April 28, 2012 01:20AM
Hard to beat a 5900/Blue & Gray in bad dirt/good dirt...even after all the these year's...

Learn the all metal side coupled with meter nuances (tell tale movement's of the needle) of the Blue & gray and the thing is awesomely deep!!

Hey Daniel Check with Don D.. He was up there Too..He told me the other day He was heading up..

Keith
Anonymous User
April 29, 2012 01:02AM
Don was there - unfortunately I was not...
The first video is posted on the DIV forum.
We'll have it posted on the blisstoolusa.com site when all of them are uploaded.
Thanks.
April 30, 2012 12:20AM
I just watched the utube vid of Brandy station
The first test the two other machines thought it might be a good target.
The interesting thing was the Bliss tried several settings to hit the target but could not .
Interesting because the Bliss cou;ld not trick itself into hearing a good target
because the target was iron.
I think that shows , even without the perfect settings the iron Disc did its job . Thats Huge