Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

random find?

Posted by Brianthemic 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
random find?
May 16, 2012 02:16PM
have you ever picked up a dug target and laughed out loud and asked yourself what the hell is this? or what is this random object doing here?....................what was it, and what is the story? please share. i need a good laugh after the crap filled night i have hadsmiling smiley
Re: random find?
May 16, 2012 11:58PM
I hit a beautiful signal yesterday and it was giving the exact TDI of a silver quarter. It was giving every indication that silver was beneath the coil! I layed my detector down, and started digging a plug with my shovel. Much to my aggravation, I discovered that a hard packed gravel driveway was under the first inch of sod and I about broke my leg when I stomped down on the shovel thinking that I was going to sink it to the hilt! The rest of the yard of the old homeplace was soft sice it had just rained. The shovel just wouldn't touch it. I laid the shovel down and picked up the detector again to hear the tone and see the numbers. SILVER!!!!! It just HAD to be! So I grabbed my Lesche knife digger from it's holster and started opening up a hole. This consisted of picking out rocks one at a time. After what seemed like half an hour, I finally put my Pinpointer in the hole and got a solid signal. I was CLOSE! A large pile of gravel had accumulated by the hole and I was ready for my reward. I took my knifle digger and plunged it into the part of the hole where the pro pointer had indicated metal. And with all my might......I pulled a Schlitz malt liquor can!!!!!!!!!! The old kind. Not the aluminum kind. And it was mashed flat and round. I started laughing but it was a dementedly angry laugh as I kicked gravel back into the hole. I was mad as heck!!!!!!! From there on out, when I would get a good signal.....and the ground was hard with packed gravel....I would say: NO WAY!!!!! Somebody else can have that siver quarter! (hope this helps) LOL

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. (Matthew 13:44)
Re: random find?
May 17, 2012 01:26AM
About the best i have is found a old short magic marker probally from 1970's i said oh sharpie,pretty lame huh? Here is a true story I told on findmall. At a gas station in little town i live in local farmers gather to spin the truth?A recently divorced farmer comes in , after much convincing from friends to get his palm read from a local nut for a couple dollars. He pays the man and after studying his hand briefly tells the farmer he is going to be using this hand alot in the future???Everyone laughed ,but the farmer who demanded his money back? HH