Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Now THIS would be a cool feature on the next F75

Posted by ziphius 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now THIS would be a cool feature on the next F75
March 18, 2009 09:28PM
How about the next F-75 incorporates a depth notch feature? Say you spend a lot of time digging in areas where the desirable targets are below 6 inches? And let's say you only want to hear these "deep" targets? I bet the engineers could figure out how to make the F-75 utilize a different tone if the target registers in the bottom third of the depth meter! Or, have an operating mode where only "deep" targets return an audible signal? A depth discrimination feature! yay! - Jim
Re: Now THIS would be a cool feature on the next F75
March 19, 2009 02:58AM
I brought that up in another forum and I was told that some of the (or one of the) higher end Garrett detectors have this feature. It would be something fun to play with for sure.
Jeb
March 19, 2009 10:01AM
The thing your suggesting is called a surface blanker.
this was also fitted to certain tesoro. I think it was possibly the " Royal saber"that had that facility , but its an old concept that`s been used on previous detectors.

The thing is ,when your asking for "selective" workings to be fitted to a certain model (such as the F75). Your forgetting that what you might see as a good addition to the next model of F75 ,others may see it as a useless addition , and if and when they need to buy another F75 for any reason. They may say " well i don`t really want to buy the latest version ,as its been fitted with a surface blanker and i know i`ll never need to use it , so i don`t think i`ll bother buying another F75 now.
So it could work to the detriment of the selling of a detector.
Where Tesoro & Garrett got it right, was that they took a complete NEW model and called it something else without losing the previous model .
If you want a surface blanker on a Fisher detector , then i would imagine the `sensible` thing Fisher(first Texas) would do it they were to take heed in that suggestion , would be to bring another model out that incorporated a surface blanker but not on the existing F75 ,as whats great for one person isn`t always great to another , Especially when your paying for that addition you don`t want, fitted on.
It`s all different aspects of thingsthat detector manufacturers have to consider that could be added on ,that have to be thought of, such as is whats beneficial for a few mightn't be beneficial for everyone , so is it being changed to actually suit everyone or just a few ?.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2009 08:52PM by Jeb.
March 19, 2009 02:09PM
How do you think the detector would respond to the following targets at 7":

3-Cent Trime
Half-Dime
Quarter
Silver Dollar

Use your F75's Bar-Graph depth gauge! ((( I use it all the time ))).
March 19, 2009 09:17PM
I hear you Tom. I do use my depth gauge routinely and in trashy turf parks, I'm ONLY digging coin signals that appear in the bottom third of the depth gauge (once I've convinced myself that the good stuff lies below 6 inches by digging the first 50 signals I come across). Still, it would be cool if the F75 had a menu option that would only allow the deep signals to be audible. It's a lot of signal processing for the human brain in the current form. But, I'm disciplined, and have been able to dig over 250 old coins (wheats, Injuns, & silvers) from 7 inches and below this year alone by forcing myself to bypass the shallow stuff.

Jim

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do you think the detector would respond to the
> following targets at 7":
>
> 3-Cent Trime
> Half-Dime
> Quarter
> Silver Dollar
>
> Use your F75's Bar-Graph depth gauge! ((( I use
> it all the time ))).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2009 10:29PM by ziphius.
March 20, 2009 12:32PM
Hmmmm...... If, for only more depth...... for the next-generation units.