Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WHAT IF TOM

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WHAT IF TOM
August 26, 2007 01:54AM
What if you put disc on 1 -4?

F-75 Disc '6' & mandatory 'monotone' justification: Many have asked "WHY?".

-------- When the F-75 is placed on a Disc setting of '6' and 'monotone'; This set-up config allows (under MOST circumstances) the best iron see-thru ability..... in locating non-ferrous targets in areas that are loaded with ferrous (usually nails) environments. The older the site....... the more nails will be present......AND....... consequently,,,, the more good targets will be masked. Most detectors will 'shut-down' under these scenarios. The F-75 (& T-2) are the only detectors currently available on the market that begins to tackle this type of (extremely common) scenario.... and with some 'unmasking' success.
.... With F-75 Disc on '6' and 'monotone',,,,,,.....,,,,,, the moment you invoke a different tone option; Say 2-tone, 3-tone, 4-tone, etc.... the Disc, ....even though it's set on '6'...... will instantly become a Disc setting of '15'. The Fault; Half human and Half detector. What does this mean? = Any target that is between a Disc level of "6 thru 15" will now audibly report as a "Low Tone" (iron tone). BIG PROBLEM for a multiplicity of reasonings. And any target that is ABOVE a "15"... MIGHT read a higher tone,,,, (tone freq depending on what tone option is invoked). -------Most folks do not dig iron. And most folks will miss masked non-ferrous targets when 'monotone' is NOT selected. Said differently via utilization of a "extremely common occurrence" example;

----- Recently, I recovered a badly masked Barber dime. When I detected this severely handicapped dime, the F-75 was in 'monotone', Disc '6', 'PF' and Sens on '99'. In monotone, the dime AUDIBLY sounded good. (( I was going to dig this target )). The VDI was terrible - would/could NOT lock on to anything close to resembling a highly conductive piece of silver. I then invoked 2-tone..... leaving ALL other settings alone. Now.... the dime was constantly audibly reporting as low-tone/iron-tone.....even as I rotated my body around target. The VDI was jumping all over the board. I made the decision to NOT recover the target..... and walked away. Several hours later, I decided to go back and recover this target (and MANY other similar responding targets)..... with F-75 back in 'monotone'. Results = One 2" nail, two 1/2" nails..... and one 1893 'O' Barber dime. Yep; MOSTLY iron. The 2-tone mode did not lie. Justification = The composite of the 4 targets (3 nails & one dime) were higher in conductivity than any one of the nails individually...... but TOTAL conductive composite was HIGHER than any nail (or combination of nails) would have cumulatively registered. Because I (and the detector) knew that the detected target (suspected co-locate/composite of multiple targets under coil) was higher than the conductivity of most nails... yet STILL ID'd in the 'Fe/iron' range...... this target was needing recovery. Good thing! Selecting any other tone options..... and the detector would audibly report the composite as "low-tone/iron-tone". Yes, the F-75 will still unmask more non-ferrous targets than other detectors..... even if 2-tone or multiple tones are selected; however, an even greater level of unmasking performance can be ascertained when unit is placed in 'monotone'. ((( The T-2 with a Disc setting of '21' is the exact same thing as all of the info above ))).

This is Approx 10% of F-75's capabilities. Outta time again!

Thomas J. Dankowski