Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wanted: Test 5" DD vs 6" Elliptical

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Wanted: Test 5" DD vs 6" Elliptical
March 26, 2009 11:17AM
I hope someone that has the Elliptical has a 5" DD being shipped to them right now. I'd love to know how the coils compare on target separation on the F75 (coin and nail on board) and especially IDing bottlecaps.
Re: Wanted: Test 5" DD vs 6" Elliptical
April 02, 2009 04:55PM
Anybody got the 5" DD to test?
I have one....
April 03, 2009 05:51PM
and while I cant quantify the EXACT amount of separation gained with the DD over the concentric, I CAN tell you its significant.
A best guess based on "in the field" performance would be......that the 5" DD has 75- 80% of the concentrics depth, but offers a 4 fold increase on separation qualities. ID's seem to be within one number of the stock 11" as well.
I have both here now (Got the concentric back from a friend a couple of weeks ago), and if time permits, I'll take a few minutes and do some side by side test garden depth tests. Truth be told though.........I use the 5" DD a LOT...........but didnt have a lot of use for the little concentric. Separation properties are very similar to the 11" (with the 5" DD), but due to the 5" coils much shorter length, it can isolate targets much better. It also seems to have gained a fair bit of sensitivity to micro targets and low conductors. it will pick up a pretty small nugget a LOT farther away from the coil than any other machine I have.IMHO............its a "must" have for gold snipers...and folks that hunt areas where there are a lot of obstacles, like I encounter in my cellar hole/woods sites. I can simply get that tight little field a lot closer to a tree (or between trees)for instance, and pick up the edge of a target that I couldnt get before, resulting in quite a number of recoveries that may have eluded me in the past. For instance....I have a site I'm currently hunting thats yielding a fair amount of indian trade artifacts. The field still has corn stubble in it, and a fair amount of iron in various shapes and states of decay. The 5" allows me to sneak in spots that the 11" simply cant get into.....but still affords me the separation/see through I need because of the iron. It rapidly becoming my "favorite" coil of all time. Its Definately an asset to the F75s already stellar performance.
April 04, 2009 01:16AM
Sounds like a great asset for the F75! I'm encouraged that you like it. I've really liked the concentric DD, especially the way it tears up bottle caps. When you get a chance tell us how this new coil reacts to steel bottle caps. That skill is not easily learned using the stock coil.
April 04, 2009 10:46AM
Streak...... very good report.