Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Rotten location but good find

Posted by Wingnut 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Rotten location but good find
March 26, 2009 06:48PM
I took a day off yesterday and went park hunting. Hit two parks in the same town. I found the usual pile of clad stuff. And...
In the second park conditions were terrible. The F75 was pinging and popping a foot in the air at only 70 Sens. There was a factory next door to the park and I have no idea what they did in there. But they sure were noisy. I suspect some strong electrical interference was in the area. Targets were just not reading as you would expect. It would read quarter one way and penny the other way. Or once I even got a target to completely disappear. Actually this kind of worked out for me. I would dig more targets just to see what was REALLY in the hole. And I found a Silver ring! My first decent ring and my first silver of any kind. So it made my day.
I think the strong interference screwed with the F75 fast sampling rate. And you ended up with a average that was unstable. I also tried my F5 but I suspect it was so confused it just didn't beep at all. It was too quiet. So I went back to the F75. Man I really like the F75 more and more as I use it.
Video..
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 08:02PM by Wingnut.
Re: Rotten location but good find
March 27, 2009 11:58AM
Yes, EMI will do this. Try changing freq's on the F75.... and/or placing Disc on '5'.
March 27, 2009 04:47PM
Yes I did switch frequencies. And that is something I do a lot. Usually one channel up or down fixes most problems. But this was terrible on all the frequencies. I just picked the best one and hunted anyway.
I didn't know about the Disc trick. I will try that. I was on Disc 6 so I was close. Hah!
March 27, 2009 06:10PM
I was hunting with Wingnut that day and my unit freaked out also I tried everything and it would hit on a target and then lose the target and give it a whole different VDI. Have had this happen to me before and don't blame the F75.

I don't know if any detector could deal with this area but I would have loved to have tried a few..my F5 did the same. Nothing is perfect..but Mike found his silver ring and that was worth the time in a bad park.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!