Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

To Tom

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
To Tom
March 29, 2009 03:08AM
I got permission to hunt an old sight that dates back to the 1890s..It is a castle the only other one in Calif. We had about six hours of hunting and even know that is a lot of time it is not enough time with the size of the area.

So I thought how am I going to hunt with the F75 and the DD coil...I like two tone and a sens as high as I can run it but I thought I might as well try NASA Tom's way mono tone disc on 5-6.

Anyway I found the detector to have a lot of bad dirty hits. And I am use to a multy tone CZ3 that locks in on targets and you get a high tone and dig it. But I said I may not get a chance to hunt this area again so lets to it Tom's way.

Well when I got a good mono tone I would look at the VDI and dig and 9 out of 10 times it was a good target. Thank God the good mono tones were not a lot of trash readings because I would have gone crazy.

I pulled out some really great old buttons and some old wheat's and a lot of history...We started to think the F75 would do better with the other coil on coins and I have noticed that at parks in four tone the 11" DD has a hard time working even if I use 0 disc and a sens as high as I can go. So I started to think the other 10" coil may be the ticket for turf hunting.

We started to talk about the new vision and how it would take me 10 minutes to look at the graphs and freq and size of the target before I dug it and that would take our 6 hours and cut it half.

Crosby and I said hell, with the F75 and one tone if it is a good mono tone and has a VDI that is in the range you want you just dig it and see what you got. It is a lot faster that way and today it payed off and made me realize that I will stick with Fisher and get the new coil and maybe the 5" DD also.

I will post some photos...hey Tom what do you think about the coinstrike for turf hunting and iron masking???

[www.findmall.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: To Tom
March 30, 2009 03:03AM
Went out again and found about 7 chinese coins in one whole and then a 1852 dime. [www.findmall.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: To Tom
March 30, 2009 12:53PM
I'm not too fond of the C$. It does do slightly better in bad mineralization......... but if I have bad dirt, I'll grab the Explorer. The Explorer does perform the best in bad dirt.... and by a fairly large margin in severe dirt. I would never know this.... if head-to-head comparison testing was not performed.

I know I mentioned this before........ but in your exacting situation (dictated by iron trash decomposition) a Disc setting of '6' may be perfect. Sometimes you may need a Disc '7' setting.................. or maybe you can get away with a Disc '5' setting; once again, dictated by how bad the iron has decomposed. It is ALWAYS recommended to test this........ and adjust accordingly..... so as to allow the maximum unmasking potential,,,,,, if you choose to use monotone.