Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got & hunted with the 5" DD coil today

Posted by John S 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got & hunted with the 5" DD coil today
April 10, 2009 06:16PM
Did ok I guess , got 3.86 clad, 1 wheat, token. The deepest was 6" quarter. In trash the DD coil I don't think will separate as well as the 3x7 coil the is concentric. All so the DD is noisy . The 3x7 coil looks to be deeper and faster, too. Well I'll make a few more hunts with the 5"DD coil and see??????
Re: Got & hunted with the 5" DD coil today
April 11, 2009 11:16AM
Hmmmmmmmmm. Keep us posted.
April 11, 2009 03:04PM
Went to a difference school and went to the trashy spot. With the DD coil I found 5.86 clad and the went and put the 3x7 coil and went back over where I hunted with the DD and I got .27 clad. I found out on the DD coil if I have it in 4 or 4H work better then 3 or 3H because it will put the pennies in a difference tone and you can tell the difference on pennies and dimes . And on the noisy part I think in the other school may had some Elec. trouble maybe.
April 11, 2009 03:16PM
You should try mono tone disc of 6 and go over the area with the DD 5" and see how you do...That is what Tom would tell you

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 13, 2009 02:35PM
At a school, I would use 4-tone only. At a relic site, I recommend monotone & Disc 6........ or 4-tone & Disc '0'.
April 14, 2009 12:06PM
Thanks Tom I did go to a old house and used 4 tones and disc. 6 and it worked good.
April 15, 2009 02:53AM
its four tone and no disc

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 15, 2009 07:29PM
If I'm coin shooting at a park or school I hunt DISC=6 and 4-tone or DISC=15 and 4-tone if the iron is extremely bad.

It fatigues me to hear all the chatter at DISC=0.

Just my 2-cents...
April 16, 2009 02:29PM
My level of tolerance is (painfully) higher.
April 16, 2009 06:32PM
What is the disc level on an F5 that equates to 6 on the F75? I imagine it might still be 6, but does the same magic happen at a different number, or not at all?