Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First silver with my CZ 3D!

Posted by coinhunter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First silver with my CZ 3D!
April 10, 2009 11:07PM
I recently bought a lightly used CZ 3D ser. #1121 Los Banos, California made from a friend here on the fourm. I have been useing it for a bout 5 weeks now. Went out on a hunt today with a friend to a 1960's school which now is serving as a Townhall. Found plenty of mid 60's to 70's clad at about 4-6", few wheaties as well. I doug up my first silver today! It was a 1963 Washington quarter at about 3". It fianaly happened, I am so happy now. Off to find more silver coins.

Earlier today I went out to a old scholl dated 1914 and found a IH penny, unable to read the date. Meter read square pulltab, beeped in all 4 directions. It was about 4-6" down! Dig those square pulltabs!

Yes the CZ works, it takes a little while to understand and apreciate the CZ. I am still learning. it is a great machine. Thanks to Tom and Chris for your encuragement while struggling to find my first silver with the CZ 3D!
Re: First silver with my CZ 3D!
April 11, 2009 06:18AM
Were you in "enhanced mode" when you detected the indian? One of the 3-D's qualities is having indians and nickels give a high tone.
The indian should have read zinc (high tone) unless it was really trashed....just curious.

Glenn
April 11, 2009 11:15AM
Congrat's....... you broke your silver dry-spell.

You can take a brass toothbrush to your Indian...... but only lightly..and under running water. If the Indian needs more help; you can soak it in Lime-Away initially for 2-minutes......then for 50-Second intervals. . . . . whilst using brass toothbrush again. Just be careful with the Lime-Away usage.
April 11, 2009 10:42PM
glenn63,
I air tested the IH penny in "enhanced" mode and it comes up "square pulltab". The IH is not all that bad, but the date is unreadable. I have another IH and the date is readable, comes up $ high tone.
April 11, 2009 10:54PM
Yes, I did have the CZ 3D in "enhanced" when the IH penny was found.
April 13, 2009 02:37PM
Hmmmmmm. It's either a badly corroded IH...... or it's a 'fatty'. That would date the Indian at 1859-1864. Fatty's are sometimes called 'white cents'. They are a nickel composition.