Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom's compilation comes through

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom's compilation comes through
April 11, 2009 12:40AM
Finally got to an old school dated back to the early 1900's. To start with, I had my F75 set to 4h tones, sen. 95, disc. 6 and in the de mode. As I got within 50 feet of the school the iron targets got so bad my head began to hurt from trying to listen to all the different tones. Then I switched to mono 1 tone. Within 15 minutes I could tell by the sound if it was a good target without looking at the meter. Shortly there after came my oldest indian head penny, then a buffalo, then another buffalo and another indian and finally a 1920 wheat penny. I can say for sure all these coins sounded very good without tones. Now on the last couple of coins I switched to 4h, and played with the different settings to see how the machine acted. Thanks again, Tom, between the DVD and your compilations I feel I've gained many months if not years experience in just a few short weeks. Thanks again.
[www.findmall.com]
Re: Tom's compilation comes through
April 11, 2009 03:03AM
I'm a believer. It was amazing to me how much stuff we pulled out of a small area we pounded before.
April 11, 2009 11:20AM
You are welcome. If only I could impart my 37 years of detecting experience into other folks....... but in only a 2-week window crash-course. Then, , , , let that be the 'starting point' ............. then 'grow' from there.
April 11, 2009 11:53AM
[www.fisherlab.com]

Here's some more good information.
April 11, 2009 12:16PM
Hmmmmmmmm. And isn't it interesting how Fisher PROMOTES head-to-head comparison testing. Does this not speak for itself. Bring it on!

Should other Mfr(s) face-the-music...... something might be learned...... and more trump cards may ensue. (read = add'l revenue).

Collectively, we want "competition" vs. monopoly. Monopoly promotes stagnation. --Trigger the human brain; better the breed.