Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Video-Misc Easy/Cheap Sovereign Mods Like Losing Ton Of Weight, How It's Amphibious Stock+ Can Easily Be Completely Waterproof, & Other Mods/Info Like Remote PP Switch

Posted by critterhunter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I heard somebody once say that the Sovereign & Excalibur are truly the hot rod of detectors, lending themselves to easy/cheap modifications to suit one's personal preference, or to drop a bunch of weight, or for example in the Sovereign's case to make it even more of a dual land/water detector than it already is right out of the box.

I wanted to do a video pictorial to cover some of these topics, and even threw in some side info on things like the new 13" Ultimate coil, how I carry my digging tools/Pro Pointer/etc, and so on. Mainly wanted to do this video to show people how the Sovereign is meant to be amphibious even in stock configuration, how it can easily/cheaply be made a very light machine without touching the control box or electronics, and also how it can become cheaply and completely waterproof to go as deep as an Excal while still being able to fastly convert back to land use once again. Also touches on my remote pin point switch set up and a few other mods/info that I often get asked by people. Figured one video pictorial link I could point people to to answer a wide range of questions was the most efficient way to kill a bunch of birds with one stone.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2012 04:01PM by critterhunter.
When I saw the length of the title I knew Critter was at it again ;-)

But I have to say, I have only watched half and I picked up some good suggestions from you regarding doing mods. I wouldn't mind your opinions in my E-Trac mod thread, now below this one. I will be using an X-Terra 705 upper rod and Whites middle rod and Whites lower fiber rod - not the long man though, as I like it to be able to break down short. But I will cut things to fit for optimal lightness. I'll just get washers for my coil from the hardware market as you suggested.

Well, I am halfway though your video ang got to say that is the longest 5 minute video on Youtube. ehhhehe

Take care,
Albert
:') What can I say. I hate seeing obscure titles of threads not knowing what the content is. Makes it too hard to find what I'm interested in reading. Just my nature. If anything, I like being able to cover all the little details so I don't have to keep answering questions that I could have killed with one stone in one monster first swing at the ball. Probably why I never did good at baseball. Always looking to hit it out of the park despite how bad the pitch was. :')

Remember, it's not a video, it's a "pictorial". And remember, you can kill text bubbles by clicking on them, or by killing all in one swoop by clicking on the text bubble icon at the bottom of any youtube video.

I'll check out your other thread and see if I can give any possible tips on that here...