Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

TOM's DVD

Posted by jackintexas 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
TOM's DVD
May 29, 2009 05:05AM
Tom: I hope what I am about to say is not taken the wrong way. I mean it as constructive criticism for future traing DVDs.i HAVE BEEN DETECTING FOR 32 YEARS AND OWNED MANY DIFFERENT DETECTORS.Not AN EXPERT IN ANY OF THEM. ALWAYS WANTING TO LEARN MORE. I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TO ORDER YOUR dvd.
THE TITLE OF YOUR dvd IN ESSENCE WAS METAL DETECTING IN THE REAL WORLD. BUT YOU WERE HUNTING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY. NEVER HUNTED BEFORE WITH NOTHING TO CONTEND WITH BUT IRON. No PULL TABS OR OTHER TRASH TO SPEAK OF. In THAT SITUATION YOU WOULD NEED NOTHING BUT A DETECTOR THAT WILL ELIMINATE IRON. THEN DIG EVERYTHING.
wHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IS YOU HUNTING IN A PULL TAB INFESTED PARK OR OTHER TRASHEY SITE. SHOWING HOW YOU SET UP YOUR DETECTOR FOR THAT SITE AND HOW TO DISTINGUISH good targets from bad. I respect your knowledge of using a detector and hope to get any future DVDs you produce......Jackintexas
Re: TOM's DVD
May 29, 2009 02:43PM
Site choice is call selectiveness. The more selective you can be, the better the site "might" be.
Re: TOM's DVD
May 30, 2009 01:12AM
Good point. There were plenty of aluminum soda tabs in certain areas of this property.... but I 'selectively' chose NOT to hunt those areas. My video production crew & I have discussed; if we are to make more copies..... could/should we use some of the 'aluminum trash' footage......and add it to the DVD.
This particular area that I chose to hunt for the video is also NOT indicative of normal sink-rates...... especially here in Florida. You will notice that MOST of the older coins were quite shallow. This is because I'm on a higher elevated piece of property, whereby....when it rains..... the water nearly instantly drains out (downward)..... leaving the higher elevation property quite dry; subsequently, very INorganic soil..... which provides little support (if any) of grass/grass root structure 'growth'; hence, a slower sink-rate. VERY IMPORTANT!

Tom