Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who has tried less than 5 discrimination

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Who has tried less than 5 discrimination
June 01, 2009 07:14PM
Who has tried less than 5 discrimination on the F75 for deep targets? Better yet anyone ever got a good deep target with <5 disc that disappeared when the discrimination was set to 5 or above?
Re: Who has tried less than 5 discrimination
June 02, 2009 12:04AM
MANY times. Hence; why 'depth performance' is so important.
July 03, 2009 10:12AM
Try to figure out how its works (i don't know how big is test object) ----> [images34.fotosik.pl]
In my opinnion better to use all metal motion mode than disc mode - more accurate VDI and more stable signals without loose depth (even in moderate trashy areas).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 10:14AM by damiano.
July 03, 2009 12:11PM
Nice graph and information.
July 03, 2009 03:15PM
This question was not fully answered..but for me lower then six most of the time and my machine sees too much and it is hard for me to focus. I don't know if I lose depth or if I miss targets from masking. I just can't get use to AM I need more info in my headphones and I like mono tone for relic hunting. I do not always get a nice clean tone. And a lot of times the dirty, gritty sounds that give me a mixed VDI turn out to be old nickels war nickels or V nickels.

I think it comes down to knowing your machine but Tom may have a better answer?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Jeb
July 03, 2009 06:19PM
I nearly always use All metal and one tone. you miss very very little in that. .On the odd occasion i will just for the hell of it go into PF or JE and use a discrim of anywhere from 0 to 6 just depends on my gut feeling of the field i`m searching as to how much junks under me. I then up it to 2 tone . I find in JE mode its deadly on very small stuff abd thin section Gold ,i keep the sensetivity down in the mid 60` or 70`s again depending on the soil and if i`m anywhere near Electical pwer lines or sub stations. Anywhere where there is Electricity i keep my sens down,otherwise my VDI numbers go twirling around like the numbers on a one armed bandit . Harness the F75 when its required i find and it will do whatever you want. Try to Thrash it in sens and you`ll probably end up losing depth and Targets.
I nearly always hunt at "0" Mark
July 03, 2009 08:22PM
AND usually have the sens at max, or as near max as the site will allow. Tests in my haunts show definatively that disc setting below 6 (as close to 0 as possible), unmask a LOT more targets. I hunt pretty much by audio alone in My sites, and use the TID for an educated "guess"...nothing more. Relying on the TID is wayyyy to iffy in Fe infested sites, as it(co-located iron) affects the identification big time. I just open er up, use 2F tones, and dig every target with "potential". When pickins get slim though, I WILL switch to monotone to try to clean out the stragglers. Hunting in 2F is lots easier on my brain, and I dont have to keep my eyes glued to the screen like you might have to in monotone and AM. I hunt to find stuff and have fun, and hardcore AM hunting kinda takes the fun out of it. Besides..I've found no evidence that the F75 detects deeper or more reliabily in AM than it does in Disc, at least on the type of targets I dig. (colonial offerings). Besides, I feel that separation is better in disc, but to be honest I havent done a lot of comparative testing of Disc VS AM separation.
I also have found that running very high sens settings actually improves resolution, and doesnt make the machine much if any more noisey. In fact, I'm much more sucessful ferreting out those last few stragglers running things wide open than I am running tamer settings. The old standby rules dont seem to apply to the F75. Streak!
Re: I nearly always hunt at "0" Mark
July 04, 2009 02:43AM
Hmmmmmmmmm. Something sounds off-kilt here. This graph implies that a Disc setting of '10' on "said" target is approx 6.5". -- Then, simply lowering Disc from '6' to '0'.......... and you manage to ascertain nearly a 100% increase (double the depth) on whatever the 'said' target is.......and can now detect it to approx 12.5"????

Streak.... you are correct. It's a paradox. INCREASING Sens in higher trash content areas..... and audio resolution is increased. This is..... up to...... and including certain targets (that may not be very deep)....may even be completely UNdetectable with a Sens setting of something that is slightly less than max.

AM mode does AUDIBLY detect deeper than ANY other mode...... BUT.... the VDI will remain blank on the deepest of targets. The ID mode will present VDI numbers to greater depths vs. the all-metal mode. , . , . even though the AM mode (overall) ... is (audibly) deeper.

Tom
Jeb
July 04, 2009 01:55PM
Well , in my experience if your in JE mode & even try to use full sensitivity around Pylons or anything that uses Electricity, the detector goes off its head . Yes i can up the sensitivity in PF and AM but depending on the soil is whether you get a lot of hyper activity in the feedback signals which can cause loss of hearing the whisper signals in the chatter.
July 05, 2009 12:22AM
Jeb, yes; EMI can/will preclude max detection capabilities......... and the JE mode (95% of the time) will encur EMI.