Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites Metal detctor VS The F75/F5

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites Metal detctor VS The F75/F5
June 14, 2009 05:27PM
Wow it has been a long time since I used a whites and I got hold of a XTL with the 8" coil. Lots of ways to program that machine I read up on it and used a relic program so I would not disc a lot of readings and went to a huge school.

Fired it up and wow it is a snail compaired to the F75/F5. I did not like the pin pointing on the machine. It did get good depth but even in one tone you get no audio feedback like the fishers. It is heavy and you have to take the strap off to get you are out of the cuff.

Tried the F75 and wow did my machine take drugs...or too much coffee. The fishers are so fast and lock on way better even if the numbers jump around a bit.

Then took the whites for another spin and what a strange machine very slow. So took out the F5 and that little brother of the F75 is real fast. Found a black hills gold ring hit at about 72 it had silver in it also.

The whites has too many VDI numbers so you dig a lot more...at parks I go for rings and clad so I don't dig a lot of numbers. I am looking for clad from dimes and up and I will dig a few nickel vdi hoping for gold.

Relic hunting I dig almost all mono tone targets less there is a ton of trash then I will still dig a lot of vdi but try not to burn out too fast.

I wounder if the New Whites is as slow and the users are just use to that. I could not hunt that way. It is a well built machine but way to heavy for me to use and way to slow and gets on 12 hours on a charge.

I had a DFX and in the Gold Country it had no depth and was so slow..I love to play with a machine every now and then...I do get bored and am always looking for the next new machine but the older I get the more I realize that it is hard to find a machine that does it all.

The F75 can have its problems from time to time but it is the best unit I have had...how can they imporve it. I think when the F5 gets the new 11" DD it should be a good back up with the lower freq and it may get more depth.

TOM DO YOU USE THE F75 5" DD and if not why? Is it only good in tight places or would it have a place in high trash or iron or both when the 11" coil is hitting to many targets?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2009 05:36PM by Lawrenzo.
Re: Whites Metal detctor VS The F75/F5
June 15, 2009 09:26AM
No, I have not acquired a 5" DD yet. I am certain that it is spectacular for extremely trashy areas; however, in Florida, I have a major problem. That being: targets sink too deep ..... and I must FIRST ascertain minimum required depth capabilities BEFORE I can be concerned with target seperation.
June 15, 2009 01:55PM
Tom, have you ever put the Etrac or Vision to test in your bed?
June 16, 2009 12:57AM
E-Trac has been in the test-garden.......... but not the V3. ETrac was unable to detect the dimes in the ferrous......... then the non-ferrous complex test scenarios...... as shown/demonstraded on the DVD. Microprocessor too slow.