Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

White Gold Rings

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: White Gold Rings
December 04, 2012 11:56PM
ok......here is an old post from "floridabill" regarding the aquasound........

"It's a custom detector made by Mr gold. I saw it in Miami this year when I ran across Mr gold & the Bulgarian hunting there.
Some info on it,
Aquasound detector, which is a very high powered TR unit (52V to the coil in high powered mode). These have custom built waterproof cases as the word "Aquasound" is embossed on the underside of the case. These are very strong, thick walled, clear polycarbonate (Lexan) cases.
Firstly, the Aquasound must be used away from any black sands. The cleaner/whiter the sand then the deeper it goes. Tuning the machine is also critical (this is usually maximised after about 10 minutes of use). The coil loves to be submerged in water where the electronics can be really wound up.
I'd be confident to say that with "good" tuning then 18" is about right but with "great" tuning then 20" plus. The tuning then incorporates getting both "Null" controls really tight and then the 10turn volume/threshold down really low"

......................regarding the detectorpro headhunter, there is a vlf headhunter wich is said to be based on a 1280x. there is also a pi headunter!!!!!!!!!!!
chuck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 12:04AM by seeker41.
December 04, 2012 11:59PM
Dew, funny you should mention the long tones. I've been running long tones for six months or so. They really help with fringe signals and I guess I've gotten used to the rest. It's become the norm for me I guess.
December 05, 2012 12:32AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ive be watching Gary Draydons posts and finds for
> the month...... 43 Gold pieces so far. I noticed
> something about his finds and went back and
> checked mine for the last couple of months. He
> had 1 piece of white gold and i only had 2. Is
> white gold difficult to find, do people wear less
> white gold, do people loose less white gold. We
> obviously arent talking chains here..... these
> rings are .... what an average of 2 to 6 grams?
> So why so few being found? If its the detector
> sensitivity...... which machine might do a better
> job on them IN the salt water?
>
> Dew

Even back in the late 60's to mid 70's, not very many white gold rings were found compared to yellow gold, maybe 1 white gold to 20 - 25 gold rings. Best day I ever had was searching a swimming area and found 33 rings in an 8 hour period of time, 11 gold (2 of which were white gold diamond rings), 11 silver and 11 junkers along with a lot and I mean a lot of silver coins (including 4 Walking Liberty and 4 Franklin halves), keys, lead weights and tons of pull tabs and other items including trash. I was probably the first one to detect this area. Used a Garrett BFO.