Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Silver Sabre Umax by Tesoro

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Silver Sabre Umax by Tesoro
December 04, 2012 09:54PM
Does anyone own on of these??? I know nothing about Tesoro machines. I have always thought that they were single toned Threshold based All Metal units. But is this one multi tones, or at least two toned? Is it deep in moderately heavy mineralised ground. In my ground, an 8 inch clad dime is a chore for an F5. A nine inch dime is a BIG chore for the XP Deus.
A screen is NOT important. But depth is. On coins, or any relic. Low tone for iron, hi tone for nonferrous. Thanks.
Re: Silver Sabre Umax by Tesoro
December 04, 2012 11:46PM
Ive owned a silver sabre Umax for many years. They are a single tone unit, with a pre-set GB, and in my soil will not punch as deep as a Deus even if the SS Umax is outfitted with the 10x12 conc coil Vs the Deus stock coil. Its a respectable unit, but you already own better. I keep mine around mostly for guest use.
December 05, 2012 12:24AM
Thanks Silver surfer. Yes i would want adjustable ground balance and two tones. I appreciate your reply. Merry Christmas.
December 05, 2012 04:36PM
a fine machine , i have a 12x10 SEF coil on mine and it goes deep
good in water too
December 05, 2012 05:47PM
My Tesoro Vaquero will hit a clad dime at or better than 10" w/stock 9x8 coil in soil, sens at max, but not in boost . I have pretty mild dirt here(coastal Texas). You only get 1 tone, but it does have an adj. GB. Maybe you could find one to test if you can look past the single tone.
December 06, 2012 01:00AM
Beach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Tesoro Vaquero will hit a clad dime at or
> better than 10" w/stock 9x8 coil in soil, sens at
> max, but not in boost . I have pretty mild dirt
> here(coastal Texas). You only get 1 tone, but it
> does have an adj. GB. Maybe you could find one to
> test if you can look past the single tone.

Beach, I appreciate the reply. The two tones is a requirement because of the nature of the places I hunt. Sometimes, I get to hunt places near a battle field (if I'm invited) where I can dig every tone. I can put my F5 in All Metal mode and hit a 12 inch bullet easily. Or a ten inch dime. If I keep the threshold down to zero, it even sounds like a single tone detector. (without the hum). But I generally 'hunt with a hum' when hunting those places to be sure that maximum depth is attained.
I have really taken quite a shine to this F5 with the 11inch DD coil. Even in DISC mode, I can hit an 8 inch dime (BARELY) in my little test set up. It is half iron tone and half hi tone. I MIGHT not dig it in the real world. I am just speaking of my test garden stuff.
I wish that Tesoro would come out with a Tejon or something as stout, that had a DISC mode in it. Just a simple two tone affair.
December 06, 2012 06:01PM
Kevin I can relate, I have the F5 also(stock coil), I mostly use it at parks and newer homesites. CZ3D comes out for older sites, the Vaguero is another option for me at the older sites. CZ and Vaq are both deep hitters. Your posts are getting me interested in that big DD for the F5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2012 06:03PM by Beach.