Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deeptech Vista RG-1000 "VERSION 2!!!"

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deeptech Vista RG-1000 "VERSION 2!!!"
December 05, 2012 05:58PM
I have been watching videos of it. Some depth SEEMS to have been lost in adding the extra features . Can anyone who owns one give me some feedback. So far, the vidoes I have seen of Version 2, my Deus, and my F5 can reproduce those results. I is going to cost me $950 to have one shipped to me. But if it is not really a depth monster in two tone mode, then I will hold on to my money. There just isn't enough convincing proof of the Version 2 to warrant my spending that kind of loot. I'm going to dig and magnitize /sanitize an area of iron and see if I can come home with additional relics. Happy Searching.
PS: If anyone can do an airttest with a DIME...and not the bigger coins, at FULL GAIN so that I will know what I am buying. I'd appreciate it. The graph that someone posted on all the Vista units in the other Vista 1000 thread, wasn't too flattering on the RG 1000 V2. That is troubling since I have found one to buy....overseas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 06:01PM by Kevin B.
Re: Deeptech Vista RG-1000 "VERSION 2!!!"
December 05, 2012 07:08PM
Kev, why not look at the SMART? its their latest unit, looks like great depth on the charts.
December 05, 2012 07:43PM
Have you looked at U.K site garysdetecting ? Biased, true - he admits to not publishing bad reviews, and he is a dealer of Deeptech detectors, but there may be some useful info there...
[www.garysdetecting.co.uk]
December 05, 2012 07:52PM
Yes Kevin I think the Smart might be the better of them ...But we will see after I get the gold this coming week...

I am interested in what boost mode offer's and what the new coil designs entail..

these things are also on the Smart...

I like the audio tweaks that have been done on the Smart also...it has a more snappy crisper edge sound to it...

Keith
December 05, 2012 07:52PM
I find Gary's reviews pretty unbiased my self for the most part i can tell you before he tried the vista gold he had his doubts because of the high frequency, he was thinking it wouldn't be as stable as it is and not only that its quite deep for the freq set, i've dug wheat cents with mine 7 to 8"
December 06, 2012 12:17AM
Keep your money is my opinion.
December 06, 2012 12:27AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep your money is my opinion.

I did. I made my mind up today. I ordered a large coil for the Deus. That will be my detector purchase. Version 3 for the Deus will be out in 2013. From the air tests that I saw this morning of the Version 2 of the RG1000, both of my detectors will perform about as good. And that big chart that a member posted was really informative. Somebody went to alot of trouble to put that chart together. Sadly, the RG1000 version 2 was "way back there". Goodmore.....I'm in the mood to listen to some wisdom today. Thank you for dispensing it.
December 06, 2012 02:29AM
To each there own.
December 06, 2012 06:23AM
I would not go by the chart posted. Some detectors use the standard coil while others a much larger third party coil.. The Goldmaxx Power does better then on the chart, I have one.