Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looking for recommended materials

Posted by CSGeorgia 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looking for recommended materials
December 10, 2012 02:10AM
Hi All, After a long absence from the hobby, I got interested again earlier this year and I've got the bug bad, eat up with it. Problem is, I don't have many opportunities to get out and detect with work and family obligations at the moment. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on, read all of Tom's excellent articles, many forums, several individual websites, youtube videos, hobby magazines, etc. I'm looking for any recommendations for books to read, either instructional or for entertainment reading. I have Tom's videos on my wish list as well. My main areas of interest are relic hunting, coin hunting, and gold prospecting/detecting.

Thank you much!
Re: Looking for recommended materials
December 10, 2012 03:34AM
Hello CSGeorgia I think you might enjoy Dan Hughes podcast and Steve Herschbach for gold prospecting/detecting welcome back! hh
December 10, 2012 06:52PM
Here are some websites that might interest you, if you haven’t already viewed them.

Here’s a website with a lot of very good information on different types of metal detecting by Sergei T.
[metaldetectingworld.com]

Here’s a website with information specifically for gold prospecting by Chris Gholson.
[www.arizonaoutback.com]

Here’s a website with information on gold prospecting by Dave Johnson.
[www.fisherlab.com]

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
December 11, 2012 02:38PM
Time to do some googling as lots of info on the net.

Your multi-line dealing can also help you out with various publications covering the subject.

Certainly good guidelines but hands on experience in the field is where its at and an experienced mentor or hunting buddy can be a big help updating you into the hobby...and joining the local club is a thought also....as most clubs have fine libraires and many experienced fellow hunters...
December 11, 2012 02:49PM
Instead of reading all those articles, just go out to nearest tot lot or sport field with your machine.
December 13, 2012 05:06AM
Start researching your local history. Hit the Libraries,that will keep ya busy all winter. Come spring you will have a ton of areas to check out.
December 15, 2012 01:47AM
Thank you for the links and recommended readings