Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question on f75 & v3

Posted by John S 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question on f75 & v3
July 04, 2009 06:29PM
Has anyone compared the speed of the f75 and the v3. Will the v3 work as fast in the heavy trash as the f75??
Re: Question on f75 & v3
July 05, 2009 12:26AM
John,
Probably not. A principle of physics dictates that the EM footprint of the concentric DD on the V3.......... vs........... the elliptical DD on the F75...... the V3 will have a wider footprint (less capable ability) of adjacent target separation abilities.
July 05, 2009 03:24AM
It seems from what I have READ..the V3 seems to be just another high end with loads of ajustments detector. I have not read about the tones giving you any info like the F75. Or that is really deep and finding a lot of coins that were too deep to find. I am not finding anyone in the East that hunts civil war areas finding more or targetst that were being maksed by iron or trash. And when we talk about speed no one has even done a side by side test.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 05, 2009 10:17AM
Well thanks . Will I would think that it is a faster detector out there then the f75, And it would hard to beat the 3x7 coil in the trash.
from what I understand...
July 05, 2009 08:56PM
The V3 uses a 32 bit processor running at over 100Mhz, (WAAAAAAY faster than most machines out there today) but that doesnt necessarily equate to fast recovery/response speed. I'm betting that all that processing power is needed just for the display/ analyze screens. I'd love to see a good side by side with the V3 and F75, in a real life sceneario, but till someone that owns a F75 buys one (it wont be me!) we will have to wait.
When Whites first came out with the Eagle, the general consensus was they were way ahead of the curve, and that may be the case with the V3 today........BUT....I'm NOT a big fan of bells and whistles....and as long as I can HEAR the target, and have enough audio/visual clues...thats enough for ME.
Truth is...........I bet I can dig that freaking target up and SEE what it is........faster than you can "analyze" it with the V3 and make the dig/no dig decision.(and thats "assuming" that the V3 is a lot more accurate than everything else out there today in the "ID" catagory). I STILL think the shovel is the best discriminator ever developed!! Streak!
July 05, 2009 09:12PM
I have a tough time doing tests in my soil at my house (red clay) as none of my machines will detect very deep. I also live about 300yds from a 500K power line which might detract from accurate testing.

I have however... buried a dime at 7 1/2" and tried the F-75 and V3. The V3 did detect it with factory settings (Coin & Jewelry) but it was a broken good tone. I increased the "discrimination" setting, which is equivalent to the AC Sensitivity on the DFX, by two points and the tone was crisp and clear... increased by two more points and I could not hear anything.

The F-75 did not detect it nor even made a sound. My base setting was DE mode, sensitivity 65, disc 6. That being said, I tried increasing the sensitivity multiple times on the F-75, nothing... lowered the sens, nothing... tried less discrimination, nothing... more disc, nothing... tried many different combination's to try to detect the dime and could not get a beep out of it. So, in my opinion, there is something different in the electronics of the V3... as to what, I do not know.
July 05, 2009 09:34PM
I have read where people said on the frequency you can watch them and tell the difference in a gold ring and a pull tab. This would be nice if it will do that? I know this I have a MXT and they are a good detector but not as deep are as fast as the f75. And will not work the trash as good ( bought have small coil on them). And so far on all detectors the get a gold ring you have to dig a lot of tabs, v3???
July 06, 2009 12:36PM
schultzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a tough time doing tests in my soil at my
> house (red clay) as none of my machines will
> detect very deep...

I have red clay also in the Upstate of SC and I find that my F75 has depth equal to my Explorer II in moist soil. I need to retest tonight in dry soil as we haven't had much rain in the past 10 days.

Your test is very interesting. I'd love to perform a side by side test using a V3 against my F75 in my test garden.

---------

Tom, as to the electrical footprint of the V3 vs the F75, you'll have to agree that that is only part of the equation. My Explorer II with the stock 10.5" DD coil seems to sniff out silver next to iron better... at some angles... in some circumstances (moisture levels) compared to the F75.
Where I hunt the F75 doesnt seem to CARE if its dry or not Go-Rebels
July 06, 2009 04:02PM
thats in contrast to every other machine of mine that positively like wetter soils.
A summer or two ago we had a REAL dry summer, and you could dig to a foot and a half and it would be as dry as powder. The F75 STILL seemed sensitive to deep low conductors, and I seemed to dig just as much as I did when the soil was damp. In fact, the F75 was a little more predictable and stable.(but just as deep) Go figure..... Streak!
July 06, 2009 05:01PM
Exactly right, I read somewhere, years ago, the ratio is 100 tabs to 1 ring. These numbers seem close to my ring count.

John S Wrote:
> I have read where people said on the frequency you
> can watch them and tell the difference in a gold
> ring and a pull tab. This would be nice if it will
> do that? I know this I have a MXT and they are a
> good detector but not as deep are as fast as the
> f75. And will not work the trash as good ( bought
> have small coil on them). And so far on all
> detectors the get a gold ring you have to dig a
> lot of tabs, v3???
July 06, 2009 06:07PM
Well I think the ratio depends on where you are hunting. I have seen at a race track one time where it had 50 tabs in 1 Squ.ft. so it goes up. OH the f75 did very good in that type of trash , I had the 3x7 coil.
July 07, 2009 01:23AM
go-rebels Wrote:

> I have red clay also in the Upstate of SC and I
> find that my F75 has depth equal to my Explorer II
> in moist soil. I need to retest tonight in dry
> soil as we haven't had much rain in the past 10
> days.

I did not try a different mode on the F-75 to see if it made a difference. I hunt in DE mode all the time but I guess I could have tried that to see if it made a difference in this type soil. I've dug plenty of relics/junk in the 10-12" range... no coins though. This soil is not the norm for the area. I might have to haul some good soil in for a test garden. All in time I guess.
July 07, 2009 02:04AM
Go-Rebels...... Yes, I have witnessed (and experienced) the Exp-II find a deep silver dime next to a rusty nail...... and signal "silver coin" on the upper-right of the X-Y graph. This type of performance also extends into the CZ's performance..... with identical results. I can (fairly confidently) say.... that with both machines.......they can BOTH false to a 'high/silver coin' ID/reading on deep nails...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and,,,,,,,,, in the aforementioned example...... in some of the cases....... a coin was next to//very close proximity to the rusty nail. On both units, , , the audio appeared to be only slightly better audio resolution over this deep coin/nail combo vs. the customary falsing on just a deep rusty nail. Soooooooo; what I am saying is; I have 'fair certainty' that the CZ/Exp was reporting a "above average" "'false"' on the nail.... and the coin happened to be in the recovery-phase 'mix'.
The F75..... as long as minerals are not severe......will give, yet, ANOTHER boost-of-confidence in the audio resolution dept. Still not perfect, yet, another increment of enhanced performance..............now.......... to the point of; 'usable audio intelligence'.

Tom
July 07, 2009 07:45PM
schultzie Wrote:
> go-rebels Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I have red clay also in the Upstate of SC and I
> > find that my F75 has depth equal to my Explorer
> II
> > in moist soil. I need to retest tonight in dry
> > soil as we haven't had much rain in the past 10
> > days.
>
> I did not try a different mode on the F-75 to see
> if it made a difference. I hunt in DE mode all the
> time but I guess I could have tried that to see if
> it made a difference in this type soil. I've dug
> plenty of relics/junk in the 10-12" range... no
> coins though. This soil is not the norm for the
> area. I might have to haul some good soil in for a
> test garden. All in time I guess.

try jewlery mode next time. or go to all metal. and do some good setting there.