Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GB 80 and FEO at max

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
GB 80 and FEO at max
July 06, 2009 01:59PM
Anyone come up on ground where ground balance settled in on 80 and FEO meter was at max?
I've found one area about 100 sq yards behind a local school where the GB and FEO is basically the same anywhere in this area. I've been keeping detailed information about each hunt in this area. I've found that most of the time a coin will give a fairly good audio 2 ways but never a 4 way. The VDI numbers are seldom where they normally are so I usually dig by the audio most of the time. Anyone found a place like this where they hunt, please comment. Doubtful if Tom has any ground this hot in Florida. By what I've read, this kind of ground is common in the gold bearing areas.
Re: GB 80 and FEO at max
July 06, 2009 03:28PM
I had a reading of 80 and the FEO had three bars the EMI was so bad I could not hunt the F75 would have a hard time locking in on targets

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 07, 2009 01:16AM
There is a place in Georgia that I hunt of where Fe3O4 is pegged..... Gnd bal is (usually) '84'.......... and the F75 will detect & correctly ID a coin to 0.25" deep. NOT GOOD!

Tom
July 07, 2009 01:42AM
Good to know my machine was working as good as it can.
Going back
July 08, 2009 11:35AM
Going back and taking soil samples. Also taking a strong magnet to test soil.