Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got The Deep Tech 1000 Today..........

Posted by morelicdetector 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got The Deep Tech 1000 Today..........
December 22, 2012 08:05PM
Took it out to my test area for a spin, all I can say is WOW!!!! Yea, the build quallity is not the same as a GBSE and the coil wire has to be taped down for the falsing issue, but heh, whatever works. I do want to get that 8x12 eliptical coil for it as it is a little nose heavy. Hit all my targets at 8" with ease, but the real test was a .69 minie that I have at 10".
Loud and clear!! The only machines that I have that do that are the Xterra 70, 10.5DD coils and the T-2LTD in all metal mode with the boost onand thy are real soft signals. I have the perfect place to field test tomorrow, we'll see what it does then. I may have a sale on a couple of machines after that!!!! Mark
Re: Got The Deep Tech 1000 Today..........
December 23, 2012 01:01AM
Man, that's great news!!! I look forward to reading of your results!!! Please don't with hold your successful reports. I realize that this forum isn't really a site that focuses on daily finds, but for a new machine, such as this one, it would be very educational. I plan on that being my next machine (with the Elliptical coil). I hope Deeptech reads this: "I GOT MONEY AND AM READY TO BUY AN RG1000 with Elliptical coil....and the smaller elliptical coil as well. So PLEASE get a dealer quick before I buy another brand!"
December 23, 2012 01:10AM
Hey Mark glad you got it ...Glad you See what it's capable of depth wise...Wait till you hit the iron with the small round 5"..

These are strictly relic machine's..for total site analysis...

Man the Ellitpical coil is sweet..noise free also......and light as a feather...

Maybe we ought to keep it quite LOL!!!

Keith
December 23, 2012 03:08AM
Sent an email to Deep Tech today to see if they make the eliptical for the 1000 and to see if I could buy it direct, hope so as I did not see any dealers in the US for them................Mark
December 23, 2012 01:59PM
Yes they do also for the RELIC, Gold, RG 1000, and smart which i'm getting in a few weeks and there working on bigger and smaller eliptical coils which will be out there thinking in 2 to 3 months
December 23, 2012 07:07PM
All these Deep Tech machines sound great all we need now is a good US dealer at reasonable prices.
December 23, 2012 07:28PM
*** These are strictly relic machine's..for total site analysis... ***

Keith, since not everyone is a relic hunter, how would you measure these Deep Tech units for general coin & jewelry hunting on land and beach? That is, are there better units in your opinion or do they match what other can do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2012 01:24AM by Johnnyanglo.
December 23, 2012 07:31PM
Hey i can make a suggestion i had called metaldetector.com out of southboro mass huge distibutor on the east coast and talked to them about deep tech and the owner had said if they keep getting requests that they would look into carring them so call them tell them to become a dealer!
December 23, 2012 07:36PM
pure iron discriminator only aluminum is the biggest enemy you would have to learn to overcome but with the cheap calrads head phones if you listen closely you can hear the what the modern pulltab sounds off like the ones that aleays fool me are the gold pulltab beaver tail sound identical to coins
December 23, 2012 08:19PM
Perhaps AMC, you can hear a difference but I'd say why fight it?
That is the intended goal of the controls dictate that these Vistas be used to dig ALL non-ferrous items.

Then if a few pulltabs get in the way, they must be dug.

If the pulltab (or other new non-ferrous trash) count it too high, it would be time to use a different machine
that can give categories to avoid...like there are places where there are too many 22 hulls....I ran into a site
that was full of those nail lead heads.....or one site where big bird shot and small odd shaped modern shot lead
was so plenteous, it ruled out digging all that stuff up...there wasn't enough time in the day or enough return visits
that would make it possible.

Yet I did try, brought home (small modern lead) probably about a 100 pounds of that stuff.
Just saying, there are times to get selective or better have a strong back, weak mind attitude with plenty of aspirin when through.
December 23, 2012 09:54PM
AMCJAVELIN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey i can make a suggestion i had called
> metaldetector.com out of southboro mass huge
> distibutor on the east coast and talked to them
> about deep tech and the owner had said if they
> keep getting requests that they would look into
> carring them so call them tell them to become a
> dealer!

I just emailed them concerning the growing popularity of Deeptech and our need for good (AND DEEP) trashy sites detectors.
December 24, 2012 04:16AM
Well Johnny...If I was after gold Jewelry in dry sand I would want a machine like the Vista Gold....

I am not sure about wet salt sand. Not sure what will happen...

As for coin hunting...

If you are serious about it and dont mind digging trash like pull tab's you will find the rg 1000 and maybe even the Smart will challenge the big dog's on depth and will unmask better than the Top ender's if theres alot of iron around...

This is no cherry picker or tot lot hunter...Its a serious machine designed to go after older deep site losses...

But it is a cherry picker in nail's..seriously...

I like the gold myself...and after the Xp's and now the Vista..I find it hard to work a site without iron volume...it's that important...
Allowing yourself to hear the iron is better than supressing it...but it can get on your nerves...this iron volume control on the Euro's is nirvana...

Keith
December 24, 2012 11:37AM
Well i'm ive tried the ocean too myself and the trick was i had to get a big plastic sandwich bag and not let the coil touch the salt so it would stop being eratic and after i did this most of the falsing went away, dry sand was fine and it will find the tiny bb sized stuff at crazy depth for a big coil machine
December 24, 2012 04:27PM
Did you try the new ellipticals on the beach or was that the older round 11" that need the barrier?

Keith
December 24, 2012 09:44PM
that was the 11" coil this was way before the elipticals were out.
December 26, 2012 11:59AM
I wonder why they don't make a multi tone (maybe switchable) unit - like 4 tones? Would make a great COIN and relic machine then. A bit like the Omega in that the multi tone unit is a bit less deep but maybe not...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2012 12:00PM by earthmansurfer.
December 26, 2012 09:50PM
Albert I think their circuit is designed with just iron disc...

If they added tones to this DESIGN it would just be tones in the iron range up to foil...

These are old site hunter's period...or depleted site hunter's with the notion you are not going to cherry pick...you are going to work for whats left...

I think this is there Niche....

Company seems to be evolving and in a good way. A positive way...

I think you may get thing's from them you have yet to see...

Keith
December 26, 2012 10:38PM
Thanks for the reply Keith. I was afraid you might answer winking smiley. Ehehehehe

I follow you and it is interesting regarding the design points you made.

What company do you (or others) think, might develop a deep multi tone unit?
December 26, 2012 11:39PM
As to answer your question Keith on the potentiometers they say to get metal stemed ones is very diffucult to get in Bulgaria and if they do change over now the projects they have got going now would create alot of hasle for them at the moment but in the future they will look into switching possibly to metal stemed potentio meters
December 27, 2012 03:22PM
Mark,
I m wondering if you have a larger than stock coil for your T2, and how it would detect the 10" button.? I realize the bigger the footprint, the worse the target seperation is.