Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F5 or omega 800

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F5 or omega 800
July 22, 2009 03:50AM
What is the big difference if any between the two machines...My F75 is prone to EMI when I hunt in the city the F5 has the same weakness will any machine offer me the power and speed of the F75 but with less EMI

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: F5 or omega 800
July 23, 2009 01:37AM
No. I understand your frustration. But you can go back to your CZ if EMI is too severe. It'll give you the power.... but not the speed.
July 23, 2009 05:30AM
So no unit offers speed and a way to block EMI?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 24, 2009 01:09AM
No unit offers the speed of the new elliptical DD equipped Fishers. Plenty of other units out there that are less affected by EMI.
July 27, 2009 05:32PM
I find that my Tejon isn't affected by EMI, works very well in iron, (cut square nails, iron ore, etc), and I can swing it as fast as I want. I put the 5.75 widescan DD coil on it and it is now very well balanced. It is not a T2 nor is it an F75 but it is a soild, fast detector that will make good finds at good depth... with a small coil. I am impressed with the V3 but I am not sure how it reacts to EMI yet.

I love detectors as much as detecting. I hunted yesterday at a pounded park in Kingston, GA and used my SovereignGT... found a lot of trash and one buffalo nickel. I also have and use a T2, (had but sold an F75 to a friend who loved it), E-TRAC, Tejon,and Spectra V3. I have an SE which I no longer use but I think I have it sold.

Anyway... I think the Tejon and probably some eother of the Tesoros are fast, deep, work OK around EMI, and are light. I never say "never" but... I don't see myself everbeing without a Tejon. There are some sites where it works better than any of the othere machines I have. Though I recently got the 4.75 coil for the T2... and that may make the difference in iron infested old sites.

Julien
July 27, 2009 10:13PM
Let us know what your experiences are with the tiny coil on the T2.