Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mystery Deus sighting >>

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mystery Deus sighting >>
January 17, 2013 10:04PM
[www.youtube.com]

what do you make of this ???
another ground breaker ??
looks good !
Re: Mystery Deus sighting >>
January 17, 2013 10:40PM
Hope that's the latest update for the Deus...smiling smiley
January 17, 2013 10:55PM
That looks like a very useful tool to me. Better than VID for sure for "good" targets. I likey!
January 17, 2013 10:58PM
Did you see that bottle cap making circular patterns? Sweet!
January 17, 2013 11:49PM
It would be interesting to see those same 2-D patterns in moderately mineralized dirt.
January 18, 2013 02:21AM
Unusal that this is Russian and the Deus is a French made machine. I watched a video a good while back that was a Fisher 1266-x machine with a simular display. It just did not have a Deus case.

Tom in SC
January 18, 2013 03:20AM
It's amazing if it's real...That would be a very special tool to complement the Deus...to say the least...
January 18, 2013 10:32AM
Word is these are hidden features in Version 2. Go to Finds to learn how to access them. I'm off to work so I really have no idea. I need more than a silly line myself. I want ID.
January 18, 2013 11:06AM
i found them under advanced ,go to configuration ,then press + and pinpoint together !
well blow me ,theyve been there all the time .never seen em discussed before in a forum .
stunned

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2013 11:21AM by diggers.
January 18, 2013 12:10PM
Digers, let us know the details once you check it out.
January 18, 2013 03:16PM
Looks very similar to the polar plot on the V3I, and the Hodograph on the AKA Kondor. Definetly very useful information to use. If it can be switched to that mode quickly it will be a plus.
January 18, 2013 03:26PM
Did y'all see what happened when the nail was passed under the coil??? How the screen went hog-wild with lines. Now....what if I was to swing my coil over ground that had, say 25 nails in one sweep? I guess that will be a question that I can find out for myself, now. I want to SINCERELY thank DIGGERS for bringing this Vid to the forefront and for figuring out how to access this option. Makes one wonder, what else is hidden ans unpublished? This could be be part of a prelude to Version three. But when we download version three, these nifty little dittys will be more easily accessible and less enigmatic. Thanks again. I'll play with this over the weekend. But first, I have to learn how to program my unit for the large coil that is on the UPS truck right now.
PS. I wonder if this....feature of the Deus is really a diagnostic tool that is built into the machine. And that is why it is not shown in the manual or talked about much. Just wondering out loud. An oscillo-scope of sorts?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2013 03:58PM by Kevin B.
January 18, 2013 06:48PM
stunned to find this out after 3 years of ownership !
i cant try it yet as too much snow around .
thanks to the russian gent for bringing it to our notice !
more research is needed on this.
you would have thought they would advertise it in their adverts !
baffled ...............
January 18, 2013 06:50PM
I would have thought it would be in the manual.
January 18, 2013 06:58PM
even over on the UK forum few know about it ,strange business indeed.
maybe a delayed fuse protocol designed to be set off at a time in the future to upstage some other brands new machine !
the russian must be a buddy of the french guy at XP
January 18, 2013 07:08PM
There's probably a few test screens on the DEUS...

I would not want to hunt through iron with the Graph in the video and depend on it for unmasking....

Keith
January 18, 2013 07:33PM
Looks like it might be alright for stand alone targets in the lab. But i would like to see it against mineralized ground with multiple targets of different conductivity under the coil simultaneously
January 20, 2013 03:18AM
yep, it works almost exactly as the V3i's vector screen. Also, this works best at relative shallow depths. For targets deeper than 5-6 inches, the screen still analyzes the target but the graph gets really small and you have to really look.

This graph is really good to id bottle caps

Pinpoint twice, dig once