Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for Tom and others

Posted by duracell 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for Tom and others
July 30, 2009 12:45AM
Hello to Tom and everyone.---- I recently bought the video, and really like it. I like the Fisher products, and currently own a F2, Edge, F5, and Teknetics T2. -- I bought the 5"DD for the F5, definitely an improvement in target seperation, though I would prefer the elliptical to the round. --- Here's my issue --- Most of the places I hunt are vacant inner-city houses. --- Needless to say, trash is a real problem in these small 100+ year old yards. Though the amount of clad is unlimited, why can't I seem to get down to the silver??? ---- The only silver I am finding is in non-sodded areas, such as under extreme shade producing trees, shrubs etc. --- The average lawn has risen an average of 6 to 8 inches over the last 100 years due to the organic build up. I suspect that the good deep finds are being masked by iron and trash. --- The T2 really seems to have the power to probe the deeper targets, but the amount of trash in these yards is to much for my simple brain to compute with the big 11"DD. --- I like the big 11"DD for the wide open less trash infested places.--- Will the 5" DD made for the T2 be the ticket for getting to the silver in these high trash enviroments, or am I wasting my time??? --- If it takes a different detector, I'll buy it, (though I have already owned most already) -- From the F2 to the Minelab Safari, the Minelab 705, 505, Ace 250, Fisher F4, Garrett 1350, Garrett 2500, etc, etc. ..... I have not owned the F75, is it the holy grail? Maybe a CZ-3D ? --- Any help or suggestions will be appreciated, I seem to be at the stage of this hobby where I know enough to realize that I know nothing. -- Help me Obi-Wan, you are my only hope.............. Thanks everyone, D
Re: Question for Tom and others
July 30, 2009 10:47PM
Sounds like you answered your own question; The deep targets are masked. If you can borrow a stock 11" DD for your T2..... it may surprise you..... even with high trash content. The F75 goes, yet, another couple of inches deeper....as long as masking is not severe.
Re: Question for Tom and others
August 03, 2009 01:32AM
You will have to dig a lot trash to open targets up it will be a lot of work just take your time and work one area at a time..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!