Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

picture test

Posted by deathray 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
picture test
January 20, 2013 05:35PM

if this post, just a pic of some of the iron I dug with the AT PRO the other day. Figure you would appreciate it Keith, and thank you very much for your help!!
Re: picture test
January 20, 2013 05:36PM
WOOO HOOO! ok, now I just need to save your video keith, haha!
January 20, 2013 09:50PM
Glad you got it going Ray!!

It will become second nature....

The ALT Forum code works best for this forum....the others seem not to work...they all are a little different ...Jsut had to try them all ti find out the ALT worked on Tom's site...

I like the dig's ...Looks like a miners site...shovel pick part's..Axe...Is that a plump Bob?

Notice your Shoes are not worn ...Slow moving animals for sure...

Get into a hard riding Cavalry camp were the horses and mules were neglected and really rode to death day in and out and the shoes will be in two pieces...left and right and the top center couple of inches just worn away....And there will be a lot of them there like that...They finally got to a spot to where they could change them out and that spot is usually around water...

Thats the first sign I look for in the woods...is horseshoe halve's....A horse or mule ridden around the country and to town and back unless his shoe is not changed in a couple of years will not wear through a shoe....A hard riding cavalry unit will wear them out in no time flat...Toe will be missing and the caulk/cleat on the rear will be worn smooth...Those cavalry horses were literally wore slap out out from service...The toe wears from full run as he dig's in ..a trotting horse or a slow riden horse will wear more evenly front to rear...

I bet out your way or within a few hours driving distance theres some Cavalry spot's in areas...

Yes I like the iron relics as much as the Non-ferrous...they all have a story to tell if you notice what it is...

O yeah thats Knife is awesome.!!!

Keith
January 21, 2013 04:03PM
This spot is on the property of a guy who I roofed his house. Theres the remains of an old stone foundation there. Ive hit it about 5 times so far and have dug at least 20 shoes, all in this condition.This last time I brought him a display I made up from his place. Had a seated dime, some cache coins, bullets, etc. He really liked it and looks like it opened the door to some more sights. As soon as duck season is over hes going to take me to some other property he has to detect some old "ruins" as he calls them. Thanks for the info...Ray