Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey Keith shipping today the Vista Smart and RELIC for testing!

Posted by AMCJAVELIN 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey Keith shipping today the Vista Smart and RELIC for testing!
January 26, 2013 01:58PM
hey Keith got everything wrapped up and sending off now there will be a 4 machine comparison now just so everbody knows i only stuck in the eliptical coils only which from what i'm reading will be you folks using most of the time have fun and lets see some vids!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2013 03:50PM by AMCJAVELIN.
Re: Hey Keith shipping today the Vista Smart and RELIC for testing!
January 26, 2013 02:46PM
Still up in the air on which one to buy, maybe these tests will help me decide.
January 26, 2013 03:26PM
I'm really glad you're sending the relic as well.....can't wait to see how that does on boost......hopefully Keith will try it in boosted
all metal static mode as well........
January 26, 2013 03:56PM
I'm hoping he will get some actual hunt time in with each one so everybody gets an idea of performance with this type of red, hot ground in the south, some of you must think i'm nuts because he will have the first hunt in with the new smart before i will LOL. Oh by the way they will be there thursday!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2013 04:10PM by AMCJAVELIN.
January 26, 2013 04:44PM
Hopefully "Extreme Detecting" will extend the sale for a few days after the end of the month, to give us a chance to see the comparisons . A special thanks to all the guys here donating their time, and sharing.Its greatly appreciated!
January 26, 2013 05:44PM
Hey that sounds Great Brandon!!

Now that we have all 4 with SAME coil's this will be quite the experience...

I will take them all to some sites and mark target's and test which machines hear real world target's.

I want to find which one works best at unmasking,,,,which one goes the deepst on isolated non ferrous target's of different conductivity And which machine tends to call deep iron as good more than the other's.and which handles the mineral better...

I know between the RG 1000 and the Gold the RG will chase deep iron more than the gold...The gold has same behavior if unboosted...

The Relic is the one that has my interest piqued the most for raw depth on high conductor's...hopefully it will not chase deep iron witht he Boost mode.....

Thank's for the kind gesture Brandon...Hate to hunt with it before you do...LOL!!

Hopefully I want have to end up ordering 2 more....Might find each one is different enough to warrant owning all of them...

Keith
January 26, 2013 05:58PM
well i got to tell you Keith after seeing what your doing with the gold your giving me second thoughts about another one myself LOL!
January 26, 2013 06:16PM
This is pretty cool..... Guys never meeting face to face with just a common interest and passion, who send their units back and forth for testing and learning...........gotta love it!

Looking forward to the results, and thank you Keith for the many hours you put into this... and sharing your knowledge, for everyone's benefit.

I know it takes time, money and effort to pack and send, so thanks AMC !!

It's very exciting when new detectors are being made that will open up our old hunting spots to new discoveries.
January 26, 2013 10:01PM
Ozzie you are right. This really needed to be said. Thanks to both Keith and AMC.
January 26, 2013 10:17PM
has anyone ever used the explorer 2 how does this compare to the vista gold and smart
January 26, 2013 10:26PM
well when i was running the rg 1000 i could match depth of anything my buddy could find with his explorer and excaliber also
January 26, 2013 11:45PM
how do these machines compare to the minelab ex 2
January 26, 2013 11:49PM
pretty much the same but much lighter and like the tones better on the vista's to my ears much easier to understand
Hello...

The factory is shipping out the first order on Monday........
Everyone who has ordered so far is included on this shipment.

Thanks for the fine comparison work you are doing Keith...

Can't wait to do some compares head to head against some of the other machines.

We have CTX, Deus, XTerra 705 Gold, and some others to throw them up against.

Barry
January 27, 2013 12:52AM
I have ran an explorer for years Bret...

And to compare a Vista to an Explorer is sort of like apples to oranges...

The Explorer has the best disc i.d. circuit at depth probably to date...

The Explorer is more of a modern trash type nmachine...the Explorer is deep the Explorer has great disc and handles certain minerals well..

The Vista is a machine designed for old site working...the disc is set up to dig certian types of iron ..the disc only goes to foil reject thats it ..

the Vista will find target in iron the Explorer cant/wont.

The Boosted Vista's will go deeper than the Explorer at the cost of proper I.D...Yet I find the Vista Gold to I.D. deep iron better than an explorer...I run Explorer's with wide open screen and max sens 32 ...

You have to go in with a plan if you use the Vista's...

They are powerful they are deadly in iron they are more relic machines in old site's than school yard hunter's...or park hunter's..Oh they will hunt those sites and dig things out of there you probably did not think was there...but in those environs how deep of holes can you dig and how many holes can you dig?

This is the thing's I am scared of with the Vista's..people getting them then taking them to the wrong site's and hating them....then giving them an undeserved bad rap...

Their total site analyzer's..They can unlock a site that has become dead...but they need to be used for intended purpose. or at least understand what to expect when used out of their element..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 05:15AM by Keith Southern.
January 27, 2013 05:41PM
Thanks for the info Keith ,much appreciated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 05:41PM by brett27.