Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom's Next DVD

Posted by mcgov51 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom's Next DVD
January 27, 2013 03:40AM
Tom I hope you have a new one in the works?
I've watched the 2 that I have at least 10 times.
Re: Tom's Next DVD
January 27, 2013 03:51AM
yes!! advanced beach hunting please!
chuck.
January 27, 2013 04:10PM
Advanced beach hunting would be awesome.

I'd also like to see some repair tech stuff . . . fixing coil wires,
open some units up and lets look inside, simple to advanced calibration,
modifications of various pieces of equip. . . . .

There are a lot of highly educated people here with expert knowledge in
this field and other closely related fields . . . there is a good chance for
many beneficial ideas to take place. It will result as a learning experience
in the least and perhaps manage to pull this hobby away from the same old
1950's manufacturing designs a little bit . . . but I doubt it
January 27, 2013 04:54PM
Cheez I gave myself an idea . . . build your own . . . like Tom's science project when he was a kid except . . . look at how much further technology has come since then.
Why couldn't you build one just like building a computer THE WAY YOU WANT IT.
Have various levels of Premade Control Boards instead of Motherboards that fit into various sizes/styles of control housings and varous resonable sources for parts, to include
A source for a wide variety of high quality coils and CONNECTORS of you choice . . . built in wireless headphones . . . varible backlit displays.
With Tom as our Mentor and Expert . . . how better could it be? I can dream can't I ???
January 27, 2013 08:36PM
I have enjoyed all of Toms videos. If I were to ask for something else, it would be along the lines of hard earned tips and techniques of specific detectors while searching for specific targets. I know his main VLF beach machine is a modded CZ6a with CZ3D conversions, so maybe a start would be what he has found to work and not work using different settings, coils and techniques that most of us would have to have detected for years to learn.

It's kind of like when I use to teach guitar students who could play fairly well, but just didn't understand some things that would make them a much more knowledgeable player. I've spent 5 or 10 minutes with some of our customers that played showing them some of what I would call "simple but important chord theory" and they were amazed at what one could learn in just a short time if the instructor knew what they needed. Kind of like learning a few effective street fighting techniques instead of studying self defense for years.

He could maybe use his favorite detectors in one video. Kind of a "master class" on DVD. I know the things he has learned has taken years, and sometimes it's hard to give special knowledge to others when it has not been easy to learn... so it should be priced accordingly.