Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Does anybody prospect with there Teknetics G-2

Posted by AMCJAVELIN 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Does anybody prospect with there Teknetics G-2
February 04, 2013 09:59PM
when i'm not running my Vista's i'll grab my g-2 for a little prospecting hunts or river hunting was wondering how it compares to the AT Gold
Re: Does anybody prospect with there Teknetics G-2
February 04, 2013 11:17PM
G2 is more sensitive than the AT-Gold on small target's...

At-Gold can tone I.D. in all metal...is that good or bad for small nugget's?

G2 runs more stable threshold...more reactive...

Keith
February 05, 2013 12:35AM
I should have rephrased that i actually haven't been on any river prospect hunts yet but was currious how it measured up against the at gold and i do have all the coils for it i've only done a couple of relic hunts and loves buttons it seems can't wait to try prospecting for sure! almost bought a 13" ultimate thats why i got the Vista's for.
February 05, 2013 03:35AM
I prospect witn the gbpro all the time...best vlf ive ever used for prospecting.
February 05, 2013 04:09AM
Found a 30gram nugget with mine last summer in the black hills on a Gpaa claim. Go For the Gold!
February 05, 2013 11:36AM
That is awesome news now let me ask were you running all metal and using the 5" coil? that pumps me up!
February 05, 2013 01:23PM
A 30 gram nugget is big. I find grain and smaller pieces at inch or two . Got a half pennyweight nug at 4 inches, and it was on its side in a cravk, and was plenty loud.
February 05, 2013 09:38PM
Deathray i love the info your telling me i definitly can't wait to try prospecting now, the only thing i wish it was water proof like the at gold!
February 06, 2013 03:44AM
If you want the best info on gbpro or g2, go to the arizona outback forum, or Robs gold forum...search for the post by Trinityau (Ray Mills)
February 06, 2013 04:15AM
Hey thanks there Deathray i'll ck it out!
February 06, 2013 04:27AM
I was running in all metal mode with the 11"dd coil found it in a old bed stream at about 8"+ inches down, the oil fields where a bust but not the gold fields.
February 06, 2013 11:37AM
now when you were finding these little nuggets what were you getting for readings?
February 06, 2013 01:01PM
Dont worry bout readings too much...you run in all metal , dig it all if you want gold. Most small gold wont even register on the meter when in ground, often just a little change in threshold
February 06, 2013 02:12PM
Deathray hit it right if you have been using the machine long enough you know a good signal,but I have been fooled by pull tabs. My suggestion is if your getting a strong repeatable signal dig it. One other thing was the nugget was loaded with copper also, I thought I was digging a piece of steel or horse shoe. You might want to check out Youtubes video's adventureswithJim he tested a poop load of gold rings. Listen to the tones if you can.
February 07, 2013 12:06AM
yeah i was thinking that was probably pretty much the strategy dig everything, i think if i played my cards right becuase of so many people have picked through the river over the years i wouldn't be a bit surprised if i snag a ring or coins even, i apreciate the info guys
February 07, 2013 12:22AM
Where are you located AMC?
February 07, 2013 01:56AM
i'm in the western foot hills of south western maine in the town of west paris 40 miles of new hampshire and 65 miles south east of the canadian border
February 07, 2013 12:56PM
Has anyone tried the Ultimate or Sef coils on their G2's?
February 07, 2013 08:59PM
not me, i've been currious myself