Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

all metal/auto-tune

Posted by rapidroy7 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
all metal/auto-tune
February 05, 2013 11:15PM
After taking notes thru the electromagnetic segment of beach dvd and another day loaded again.Right there in first scene(before the introduction) a light went off in my head no need to fear the all-metal mode! It will take awhile 2 master the audio variance's but at least i feel now that I can truly utilize it now.My little Tesoro Compadre with the stated e.d. 180 discrimination (true all-metal) but its not threshold-based? Is that because everything is factory preset or is it something that it does not have?
Re: all metal/auto-tune
February 05, 2013 11:37PM
Your compadre is180 disc but its not a true all metal mode threshold based....

the comapdre will pick up all metals on zero but tis still a signal that has been analyzed (Phase shifted) through 2 channels to get the response...

A true all metal mode is that it's not analyzed it's just a single channel signal raw data...the treshold is there to let you moniter such thing's as ground bal and also helps you to hear the whisper target's...with a proper set threshold barely audible tha faintest of signal will waiver it at depth that a disc circuit will drop out on and will not report..

too low a thresh like silent or negative and small and or deep items can be missed since the signal is not strong enough to rasie it into an audible response...

To loud a thresh also mask small and or dep target's as it is above the volume level of what those target's can rise above to alert you..

but a very faint barely audible threshold will find you target's a disc circuit cant by design...some of it will be iron but some of it will be stuff the disc can compete with...

the trick is knowing which target's to explore..

learn the faint responses then cross check in disc mode see what they react like if they are very weak in disc or sound like a weak iron tone open the ground up too get a better disc i.d.

get a weak response in all metal and check in disc and it's quite even on full accept and you BETTER INVESTIGATE...these are the target's most no machines have reached to yet...pull dirt out of the hole to the disc circuit will respond. A Lot of great items come from these silent disc signal's...

this works best on isolated target's in more open areas with less iron to deal with.

This type hunting is not something you learn overnight it takes countless hours to perfect..Once properly in tune with the all metal mode you will develop a knack for the ROUND sounds...Some people never get in tune and understand the power of all metal threshold based hunting...You have to learn coil control and proper height and swing speed's and such especially in bad ground to make the machien run smooth enough to pick up target's...but sometimes it's your only option shy of using P.i's..

the Gold Prospector's and relic hunter's who succeed Know it well.. and stick to the machine they Know for the all metla hunt...

Keith

Keith
February 06, 2013 02:35AM
Thanks Keith starting to understand it had 2 look up phase shift, with the signal going thru the second channel i guess makes it silent search? A machine that's not threshold based is there another way 2 say that? Would a simple switch make it a single(channel) phase threshold based Compadre?Then throw in a couple of adjustment knobs and you have a Tejon?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2013 03:04AM by rapidroy7.
February 06, 2013 04:16AM
Well sort of but not really Roy..LOL!

All metal uses phase shift also for the ground balance to work....

but the true all metla is not ran through comparator's...

Phase shift is used since most metal's vary in both inductance and resistance, a metal detector examines the amount of phase shift using a pair of electronic circuits called phase demodulators, and compares it with the average for a particular type of metal. The detector alerts you to what the signal might be .

There is some machine's that have a true all metal mode yet dont have a threshold

Your compadre would need more than a switch to get it to be a tejon...it would need more circuitry involved for the all metal side..
Study Jack Giffords patent here...and see if it becomes clear it has some great graph's..

[www.eudem.vub.ac.be]

Keith
February 06, 2013 08:11AM
Keith Southern Wrote:

>
> learn the faint responses then cross check in disc
> mode see what they react like if they are very
> weak in disc or sound like a weak iron tone open
> the ground up too get a better disc i.d.
>
> get a weak response in all metal and check in disc
> and it's quite even on full accept and you BETTER
> INVESTIGATE...these are the target's most no
> machines have reached to yet...pull dirt out of
> the hole to the disc circuit will respond. A Lot
> of great items come from these silent disc
> signal's...
>
> this works best on isolated target's in more open
> areas with less iron to deal with.

> the Gold Prospector's and relic hunter's who
> succeed Know it well.. and stick to the machine
> they Know for the all metla hunt...

> Keith

Keith this is exactly how I hunt with my x-terra 70 in prospecting mode ,many of the targets I dig read solidly as iron in disc mode but just give a sweet little whimper in prospecting.
February 06, 2013 02:33PM
All I know after experimenting with many units in all metal Jack Giffords older Tesoro's really give one a lot of info rel the target especially gold rings versus the junk that imitate them. Indeed takes a trained ear and takes practice but really cuts down the odds to dig or not...
February 07, 2013 03:34AM
The algebraic relationship between the A axis signal & the B axis signal is predetermined by the variable circuitry.Thanks for the link Keith i was doing real good till i got to that part;should have tried harder in Algerbra! Little bites at a time* searching another phrase in link ran across this for anyone that's interested ? HH [www.google.com]